Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAQ - My Gear Has Particles Floating In It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAQ - My Gear Has Particles Floating In It?

You can choose to either dispose of the product or you can re-filter it by using a Whatman filter. While opinions will differ on this subject, the opinion of re-filtering is still available and a suitable solution in many cases, assuming the product is not badly polluted. In cases where it is apparent that the product is very poor quality and contains a large amount of foreign material, it would be wise to dispose of the product. This should not occur with reputable UGL’s and will never occur with Pharm-grade versions, although an occasional speck may occur with UGL products here and there and is usually not a big deal.

You will not have this issue if you choose our sponsors - they regularly update lab tests & quality control tests

I would never recommend filtering any product that has particles floating in it. How absurd! You're just asking for trouble!
    First and foremost, It Has Particles Floating In It.
    Second, even if the particle are harmless now you have exposed your gear to open air and whatever else. Which could cause even more problems.
    Contact your supplier and or manufacture. If they won't help you that's a good sign to toss it and never go back to them.

Comment

Originally posted by LeRoy View Post
      I would never recommend filtering any product that has particles floating in it. How absurd! You're just asking for trouble!
      First and foremost, It Has Particles Floating In It.
      Second, even if the particle are harmless now you have exposed your gear to open air and whatever else. Which could cause even more problems.
      Contact your supplier and or manufacture. If they won't help you that's a good sign to toss it and never go back to them.

While I agree, and personally would NOT filter and reuse, we have to be realistic. Some people are not the brightest, or are downright stubborn and will just use it anyway, and they may not even try to filter it. For the most part this is about harm reduction, and the least I can do is educate someone who would be unwilling to toss it.

Comment

Working...
      X