Question about sacrificing sleep for more food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about sacrificing sleep for more food

I would like to ask you guys if this sounds abit extreme i was talking to my hrt doctor and he tells me he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat some FAGE yogurt with fruit and protein drink. Now do you guys think its better to get your 8 hour sleep or wake up have your drink and yogurt and try to go back to bed

To me- it doesnt sound extreme. Then again, I also believe that if your not waking up in the middle of the night to pee then youre not hydrated enough. Everyone will be diff. Give it a shot! Lol
    "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

NapsGear.Org - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Sleep. If your that worried about the long fast while asleep take some cassein protein before bed. I can't imagine even the pro's getting up for that.
      sigpic

Comment

As long as you can get up have your meal go back to bed and still get a full 8 hours........why not? I do like Pauliuch's idea with the cassein protein better and I also do this to.
        The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
        Chat Box Talk And Rules
        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
        No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
        http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
          Sleep. If your that worried about the long fast while asleep take some cassein protein before bed. I can't imagine even the pro's getting up for that.
          actually, i have heard of pros waking up once or maybe even twice a night to get a meal in. its not very uncommon. a little extreme, maybe. like pauliuch said, if youre that worried about the fastt, some casein will fix the problem. thats the point of the stuff anyway

the problem i have with waking up in the middle of the night is, youre only growing and recovering once your body goes into a certain phase of your sleeping pattern. once you wake up and break out of that phase, you dont go right back into it when you lay back down and fall asleep. it starts back over, wasting precious time to grow and recover
          ALEX.18
          Last edited by ALEX.18; 02-13-2013, 01:20 AM.
          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

I agree that if you are drinking what you need to stay hydrated, you should be getting up to take a leak at least once a night. For me, that's typically between 12 and 2 a.m. I mix up a protein shake before bed and stick it in the fridge, that way when I get up to take a leak, I chug my shake, take in 30 grams of protein, then fall right back to sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Big L View Post
              I would like to ask you guys if this sounds abit extreme i was talking to my hrt doctor and he tells me he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat some FAGE yogurt with fruit and protein drink. Now do you guys think its better to get your 8 hour sleep or wake up have your drink and yogurt and try to go back to bed
              Hm- since you release your natural GH while you sleep, it sounds a little counter active. I would say if you naturally wake up in the middle of the night then eating would be a good thing, but if you have to set an alarm or something to wake up it wouldnt prove to be much more beneficial (unless you do your GH in the middle of the night too) (if you do gh)

Comment

Originally posted by e.gg View Post
                Hm- since you release your natural GH while you sleep, it sounds a little counter active. I would say if you naturally wake up in the middle of the night then eating would be a good thing, but if you have to set an alarm or something to wake up it wouldnt prove to be much more beneficial (unless you do your GH in the middle of the night too) (if you do gh)
                Exactly my point. Casein can take up to 8 hours to fully digest so i just dont see the point in interupting the NATURAL growth process when it can be solved with a simple casein shake before you fall asleep
                "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

I believe it's going to far ... unless you're a pro competitor there's no need for you to wake up in the middle of the night. With my schedule I can only sleep 4 to 5 hours a day...omg what wouldn't I do for a few more hours. If you're given the opportunity to sleep more without interruption then take advantage of it.
                  Ain't no use in lookin' down
                  Ain't no discharge on the ground
                  Ain't no use in lookin' back
                  'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                  Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                  'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Yeah, if u wake up to pee, drink one! If you dont normally get up -casien works wonders. But, if you are drinking your 12 tall glasses of water a day chances of u waking at night increase so therefore it may work for ya to whip up a quick shake- or have one ready. For me I never tske shakes before or during sleeping hours. Our bodys use up about 65% of our energy to digest food and if we are sleeping to repair our body wouldnt having something for the body to digest actually counter our repair? Obviously- there is a lot to consider!
                    "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

Comment

Originally posted by Nature101 View Post
                      Yeah, if u wake up to pee, drink one! If you dont normally get up -casien works wonders. But, if you are drinking your 12 tall glasses of water a day chances of u waking at night increase so therefore it may work for ya to whip up a quick shake- or have one ready. For me I never tske shakes before or during sleeping hours. Our bodys use up about 65% of our energy to digest food and if we are sleeping to repair our body wouldnt having something for the body to digest actually counter our repair? Obviously- there is a lot to consider!
                      I can see where that could make since but youre still sleeping which meens youre still recovering and growing. It only take about 1 hour to digest a whole food meal, and about anotther hour or 2 for your body to shuttle thouse nutrients to where they need to get to. I doubt a simple little casein shake takes that long to digest. Now, releasing is a differet story. Like i said, casein can take up to 8 hrs to be broken down which is just enough time to get all the rest you need in one night to fully recover.

The main reason i dint agree with breaking the cycle of sleep is, if you cant get the nutrition that you need in during the day, youre not doing something right. Everything has its places in this sport. Eating, sleeping, training, etc, and i think its very important to keep these as a priority. They should all go to gether, but yhey are all completely different.
                      ALEX.18
                      Last edited by ALEX.18; 02-13-2013, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ALEX.18 View Post
                        I can see where that could make since but youre still sleeping which meens youre still recovering and growing. It only take about 1 hour to digest a whole food meal, and about anotther hour or 2 for your body to shuttle thouse nutrients to where they need to get to. I doubt a simple little casein shake takes that long to digest. Now, releasing is a differet story. Like i said, casein can take up to 8 hrs to be broken down which is just enough time to get all the rest you need in one night to fully recover.

The main reason i dint agree with breaking the cycle of sleep is, if you cant get the nutrition that you need in during the day, youre not doing something right. Everything has its places in this sport. Eating, sleeping, training, etc, and i think its very important to keep these as a priority. They should all go to gether, but yhey are all completely different.

1 hour? After you swollow food, it takes 6-8 hours to pass from your stomach to your small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine for further digestion,absorbtion of water and finally, elimination of undigested food.

In a 1980 mayo clinic researchers conducted a study between 22 healthy men and average time from swollow, to elemination of that meals waste was 53 hours.
                        Nature101
                        Last edited by Nature101; 02-13-2013, 09:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Looks like unless we fast we are continually digesting food. So maybe it doesnt matter anyway?

Comment

1 hour? After you swollow food, it takes 6-8 hours to pass from your stomach to your small intestine. Food then enters your large intestine for further digestion,absorbtion of water and finally, elimination of undigested food.

In a 1980 mayo clinic researchers conducted a study between 22 healthy men and average time from swollow, to elemination of that meals waste was 53 hours.
                            No no i didnt mean 1 hour to digest. I meant, an hour after you swallow it, its starting to break down and be used as fuel and what not

I prob should have cleared that up a little better

Comment

Looks like unless we fast we are continually digesting food. So maybe it doesnt matter anyway?
                              Right, so why break your sleep cycle to eat?

Comment

Working...
                              X