bcaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcaa

so I'm trying to understand why bcaas get so much hype. proteins are amino acids so why not just use protein powder exclusively? am I missing something?

I use xtend every day i lift. I put it along with pure agmatine in a liter of water and drink it as i lift. I have recently tried to lift without it and my workouts were bot nearly as effective. From what i understand, its a quicker way to get bcaas in as protein take longer to digest. I dont have the labels infront of me but, i would also assume the amounts of bcaas in the powder are higher than the amounts in protein powder. But prob the most important reason is just for supplement companies to make more money off of dumb asses like myself
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

regardless of money making schemes.... IF you believe it works for you, and makes u leave the gym MORE satisfied with your workout - I SAY MONEY WELL SPENT!!!
      for me i think alot of stuff is mentle, like if im out of supplements that my workout is not effective or wasted time... (prob not the case but - thats my brain i guess)

Originally posted by ALEX.18 View Post
      I use xtend every day i lift. I put it along with pure agmatine in a liter of water and drink it as i lift. I have recently tried to lift without it and my workouts were bot nearly as effective. From what i understand, its a quicker way to get bcaas in as protein take longer to digest. I dont have the labels infront of me but, i would also assume the amounts of bcaas in the powder are higher than the amounts in protein powder. But prob the most important reason is just for supplement companies to make more money off of dumb asses like myself
      http://juicedmuscle.com/signaturepics/sippic1218_5.gif

www.NapsGear.net/?ref=945

Comment

Xtend definitely isn't one of those supplements badseed... BCAA do work. And as far as Xtend is concerned.. it probably is one of the best for its purpose
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

good to know too - thanks man

hey im doing some research on Semorelin do you or anyone else have nay info on it as per dosage and stuff - i started a thread in Ai's

Originally posted by xamo View Post
          Xtend definitely isn't one of those supplements badseed... BCAA do work. And as far as Xtend is concerned.. it probably is one of the best for its purpose

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
            so I'm trying to understand why bcaas get so much hype. proteins are amino acids so why not just use protein powder exclusively? am I missing something?
            The way it is delivered to the muscles is different, much quicker as well. That's why Xtend is for instance an intra work out drink

Comment

I still don't understand how bcaa's are any better than just taking an extra scoop of whey. One scoop of xtend(13g) is only 9.5g of protein. I mean it has other shit in it like it's "electrolyte blend" and b6, but as far as protein content goes, why is it better to spend the extra money on bcaa's vs drinking more whey?

Comment

I don't take any, I get plenty of nutrients in the food and shakes I consume.
                The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
                http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
                http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
                Chat Box Talk And Rules
                http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
                No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
                http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
                  I still don't understand how bcaa's are any better than just taking an extra scoop of whey. One scoop of xtend(13g) is only 9.5g of protein. I mean it has other shit in it like it's "electrolyte blend" and b6, but as far as protein content goes, why is it better to spend the extra money on bcaa's vs drinking more whey?
                  Like xamo and i said bro, its absorbed alot faster than even whey isolate and serves a completely different purpose than whey or any other protein. The 9.5g of pro is completely irrelevant when it comes to the purpose of xtend. Its not meant to be a source of protein delivery

As far as mrbig's comment, i believe its original purpose was to provide bcaas for people who had trouble getting them in their diet. Which is not my case either, i just feel it makes a difference in my workouts
                  ALEX.18
                  Last edited by ALEX.18; 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM.
                  "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Interesting people do all different things
                    During workouts i like to have lots of dextrose. And after of course
                    Never tried bcaas but might after this conversation thanks guys

Comment

I remember reading an old Arnold article (maybe from Playboy), he said many times he would forget to take all those supplements that we all assumed he took religiously. He even occasionally partied a bit and it almost sounded as if he was saying they are what they are, supplements to food. The supplement industry is a billion dollar market and I myself have gone overboard at times buying whatever looked good. I agree with Badseed about the mental part. When you spend so much money you make yourself believe it works.
                      I'm not saying nothing works, but to be honest with myself I never felt I got any more gains from any pill or powder. As far as those pre workouts I use to spend $40 for, I never use them anymore and I feel no different whatsoever. I guess if your competing you want every edge possible but I count mostly on clean food, oh and Uncle Naps, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

i agree... do what u feel makes u perform the best, and spend your money on what YOU feel (or think) works for you......
                        im trying to stick to as followed - uncle nappy, protien, aminos, creatine, and a multi vitiman - in that order too (eat as clean as i can and work out hard) and just be as happy as i can

pauliuch - you know anything about Semorelin??

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                        I remember reading an old Arnold article (maybe from Playboy), he said many times he would forget to take all those supplements that we all assumed he took religiously. He even occasionally partied a bit and it almost sounded as if he was saying they are what they are, supplements to food. The supplement industry is a billion dollar market and I myself have gone overboard at times buying whatever looked good. I agree with Badseed about the mental part. When you spend so much money you make yourself believe it works.
                        I'm not saying nothing works, but to be honest with myself I never felt I got any more gains from any pill or powder. As far as those pre workouts I use to spend $40 for, I never use them anymore and I feel no different whatsoever. I guess if your competing you want every edge possible but I count mostly on clean food, oh and Uncle Naps, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BADSEED1976 View Post
                          i agree... do what u feel makes u perform the best, and spend your money on what YOU feel (or think) works for you......
                          im trying to stick to as followed - uncle nappy, protien, aminos, creatine, and a multi vitiman - in that order too (eat as clean as i can and work out hard) and just be as happy as i can

pauliuch - you know anything about Semorelin??
                          Not too much, it stimulates the pituitary gland to release GH. It's suppose to be safer than regular GH as far as overdosing. It does look good for older guys and I too might be interested.
                          sigpic

Comment

im trying to figure out the dosage.... once i figure that im doing it lol
                            Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                            Not too much, it stimulates the pituitary gland to release GH. It's suppose to be safer than regular GH as far as overdosing. It does look good for older guys and I too might be interested.

Comment

Same here, it makes a huge difference in my work outs... that drink fuels me up while I'm working out, replenishes what I've used as well... you guys should try it

Comment

Working...
                              X