Diet Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Advice

Looking for some diet advice, want to gain some lean muscle mass with minimal fat gain. Im currently 12%bf at 212lbs 5ft ,11in. I workout 5 days a week with compound and isolation exercises with a mixture of heavy and moderately heavy weight lifting. Reps range from 6-8 heavy) or 8-12 moderately heavy. Have not begun cardio yet.....but plan to incorporate it soon. My daily caloric intake is
    2413, Carbs-136g, Protein- 300g, and fats-98g. I eat 3-4 meals and drink 2-3 shakes daily depending on how my day goes. I have kept this diet for about 2 months now just to lose some body fat i acquired during some down time after surgery. Should i continue this diet until i reach a lower body fat
    percentage and then start to add some calories? I feel that im not eating enough, and i can possibly increase my carb and or fat intake and still loose body fat, and put on some serious muscle mass.
    Just looking for some advice, Thanks!

Figure out what your maintenance intake is, and try to aim an over of 200 calories max on top of that and that should do the trick..
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I like to go by LBM X 10 for cals to cut. So if you're 212 and 12% bf, your LBM would be 187 (220 X .12 = 25, 212 - 25= 187). 187 X 10 = 1870.

Maintenance i just use body weight X 10, and bulking is body weight X 15. Comes out to some nice totals if you do it right.
      "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Working...
      X