This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deftone View Post
    Hey Sam, you have probably answered this question a 100 times, but I cant find it anywhere, Ive watched some videos on mixing and injecting hcg. My question is, is it better to use insulin pins to inject and does it have to be in the stomach? Thanks In Advance.
    you can inject HCG sub-q, into fat such as in the belly, or any fat for that matter. i put it a lot of my sub-q shots in my love handles. you can also inject it IM. slin pins work the best because it is easiest to measure small amounts of liquid with them.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

• this is a great question. unfortunetely, the answer is different for everyone....even further, the answer can even be different for the same person, at different periods in their life. factors include age, stress, nutrition and how much other physical activitythe person does (such as a manual labor job vs a desk job).it takes a long time to learn what works for you. you have to listen to your body. watch how it responds. i've found that even different body parts respond better to different types of training. my legs seem to like high rep sets. sometimes, i'm going up to 20 reps on squats. but my chest likes the more standard 6-10 range.

with all that being said, you of course have to start somewhere. my suggestion would be 5 days a wk training, 2 days off, 1 body part a day, 4 exercises at 4 sets. don't do more or less because you are on or off cycle. your old split looked good. i do something similar. how you set things up depends on what your priority is. what body part is your main focus right now?

Originally posted by orlandoguy407 View Post
      Hey Sam, I getting my workout routine ready for my next cycle.......On my last cycle i was doing 5 day split a usually like this
      day 1---chest/a little tri---
      day 2---back/a little bi---
      day 3 legs/abs
      day 4 shoulders
      day 5 arms
      rest 2 days or rest 1 day sometime in the week and then another rest day at the end

but since i ended my last cycle i changed it up to a 3 day a week split which i hate cuz i luv lifting just thought it would be good to rest and change it up some and since i wasn't on gear my muscles dont recover as fast.

My question is on my next cycle what should my split look like and how many sets/reps do you usally do on a cycle...i think i was doing way to many and was in the gym for 2 hours each day.
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by dolce4 View Post
        Sam, I started gaining some more weight after upping the cals and midway in my cycle (test c 500 12 wk) I was thinking of restricting calories, adding cardio, and doing clen after my last test shot (while test is up) for 2 weeks to cut some more fat. what do you think?
        bad idea. your body isnt used to the new muscle you've gained. you're going to have to do everything in your power to hold onto it. your body will try it's best to return to how you were before the cycle. keep eating big. after the water leaves post cycle, you'll discover that you are leaner than you think. dont try to cut anything until at least a month past PCT.

Comment

• Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
          this is a great question. unfortunetely, the answer is different for everyone....even further, the answer can even be different for the same person, at different periods in their life. factors include age, stress, nutrition and how much other physical activitythe person does (such as a manual labor job vs a desk job).it takes a long time to learn what works for you. you have to listen to your body. watch how it responds. i've found that even different body parts respond better to different types of training. my legs seem to like high rep sets. sometimes, i'm going up to 20 reps on squats. but my chest likes the more standard 6-10 range.

with all that being said, you of course have to start somewhere. my suggestion would be 5 days a wk training, 2 days off, 1 body part a day, 4 exercises at 4 sets. don't do more or less because you are on or off cycle. your old split looked good. i do something similar. how you set things up depends on what your priority is. what body part is your main focus right now?
          my shoulders mostly but i figured as much about the routine ...cant wait to start my 5 day split again

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandoguy407 View Post
            my shoulders mostly but i figured as much about the routine ...cant wait to start my 5 day split again
            if you want some suggestions, outline what you do for your delts.

also, try to change your routine each wk. change the order of exercies to some extent. possibly change the intensity or rep range from time to time. listein to yourself. if you go in planning to lift heavy, but you just arent into it, dont force it. adapt and change the plan to get the most out of what you are capiable of that day. i go in with a plan every day but i am willing to change that plan as needed. say i was just going to use moderate weight for higher reps but i feel very strong. i just might go ahead and try to set a PR if everthing feels right. intuitive training is the name of the game

Comment

if you want some suggestions, outline what you do for your delts.

also, try to change your routine each wk. change the order of exercies to some extent. possibly change the intensity or rep range from time to time. listein to yourself. if you go in planning to lift heavy, but you just arent into it, dont force it. adapt and change the plan to get the most out of what you are capiable of that day. i go in with a plan every day but i am willing to change that plan as needed. say i was just going to use moderate weight for higher reps but i feel very strong. i just might go ahead and try to set a PR if everthing feels right. intuitive training is the name of the game
              glad you said that because that usually what i do....only thing is if my muscles dont feel like there dead ill throw in a couple more sets which i think is hurting me...but for my delts usally go with......Shoulder Press 4x10(dumbbell and cables somtimes) Lateral raises, side raises , and some trap stuff......i feel like im forgetting somthing...but thats a basic day.

Comment

glad you said that because that usually what i do....only thing is if my muscles dont feel like there dead ill throw in a couple more sets which i think is hurting me...but for my delts usally go with......Shoulder Press 4x10(dumbbell and cables somtimes) Lateral raises, side raises , and some trap stuff......i feel like im forgetting somthing...but thats a basic day.
                oh and the name of the exercise slipping away from me right now but reverse chest flys if that makes sense to hit the back of the delt

Comment

• Hey Sam

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Now you say continue to eat big during PCT and up to a month after. So your saying don't change diet at all after last shots for about two months, only change training I assume?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                    Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Now you say continue to eat big during PCT and up to a month after. So your saying don't change diet at all after last shots for about two months, only change training I assume?
                    just my opinion but i regrettably started changed my diet to cut after my cycle and lost very noticeable gains FAST! definitely give your body time to natural get use to your new muscle and gains if not it will want to go back to how to was before...dont change your diet for about two months or so like sam said....you will already lose some weight/gains once you end your cycle but minimize the lose by eating!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                      yep, keep your food intake up! i wouldnt change training either. i would keep it hard and heavy. be safe and always pay attention to your limits, but continue to define those limits and push them. if it took intense trainiing to get where you got, you need keep training intense to maintain that muscle. outside of the last few wks before a contest when calories are dangerously low, i ALWAYY forucs on heavy, intense training.

Comment

just to give you a different perspective, heres what i do with shoulders. they are my best body part. part of that is probably genetics, but i believe some of it is training. i usually train delts/traps togeher. i start with seated DB overhead press. after warm up, i go very very heavy for 5 heavy sets around 6-8. maybe every 3rd workout, i follow that up by going to a shoulder press machine to do 3 additonal sets around 12-15 reps and really flush the muscle with blood. maybe, i'll even go to 20 reps. from there, i either go to cables or DBs to superset front delt raises with lateral raises. 4 sets around 12 reps. then i use the reverse pec deck to hit rear delts.(i assume thats what you were talking about) i usually do 4 sets, 8-12 reps. sometimes, i superset that with something i've kind of depeveloped myslef. i've seen variations since i came up with it. i won't say i invented it. high cable with rope attachment, pulled towards the forehead, with elbow flaired out. i just go for the pump. from here, i do up right rows for 3-4 sets and move into traps. this may sound like a lot but the way i see it, each head is a seperate muscle and though there is a lot going on, all together, the workout moves fast after the overhead press. i'd say 1hr total. sometimes i even get done before my girl finishes training and have time to do a little extra ab work

Comment

just to give you a different perspective, heres what i do with shoulders. they are my best body part. part of that is probably genetics, but i believe some of it is training. i usually train delts/traps togeher. i start with seated DB overhead press. after warm up, i go very very heavy for 5 heavy sets around 6-8. maybe every 3rd workout, i follow that up by going to a shoulder press machine to do 3 additonal sets around 12-15 reps and really flush the muscle with blood. maybe, i'll even go to 20 reps. from there, i either go to cables or DBs to superset front delt raises with lateral raises. 4 sets around 12 reps. then i use the reverse pec deck to hit rear delts.(i assume thats what you were talking about) i usually do 4 sets, 8-12 reps. sometimes, i superset that with something i've kind of depeveloped myslef. i've seen variations since i came up with it. i won't say i invented it. high cable with rope attachment, pulled towards the forehead, with elbow flaired out. i just go for the pump. from here, i do up right rows for 3-4 sets and move into traps. this may sound like a lot but the way i see it, each head is a seperate muscle and though there is a lot going on, all together, the workout moves fast after the overhead press. i'd say 1hr total. sometimes i even get done before my girl finishes training and have time to do a little extra ab work
                          super solid thanks

Comment

bad idea. your body isnt used to the new muscle you've gained. you're going to have to do everything in your power to hold onto it. your body will try it's best to return to how you were before the cycle. keep eating big. after the water leaves post cycle, you'll discover that you are leaner than you think. dont try to cut anything until at least a month past PCT.
                            good word man thanks. I'm up 17 lbs, on my 8th week....I'll keep eating big past pct but when do you think I could start to cut and what's a good cycle you'd recommend. this cycle has been great so far, I've had no side effects and put on weight really easy, my bf scale says I've lost 1% but I see myself way more defined. a friend told me winny is a great start for a cut cycle as it stacks great with test and other.

Comment

• Sam, Still doing ya thing i see! stay up Brutha!

Comment

• Whats up Sam! I am starting HCG into my cycle tommorow and was wondering how you suggest I inject it: IM into the glute, delt, quad, etc? Or subq into the fat of my gut? I have pins for both.
                                Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X