Help dosing dextrose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help dosing dextrose

After reading sam and other guys are taking dextrose during and after workout i went out and boughht a 2lbs bag How many teaspoons should i use in my drinks. Help me guys i cant wait to start

If im not mistaken, dextrose is just a simple carb right? So i guess it really just depends on how many carbs you want to take in. How much do you weigh? Im guessing youre trying to bulk?
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

I want to run it to try to fuel my muscle during workout and after. Im 5/9 173 6 percent bf

Comment

Come guys any body with some know how on this subject

Comment

you can do dextrose on its own or mix with another carb like waxy maize or maltodex. i do about 40-50 grams total carbs. i sip it through my workout with creatine and bcaa's. i finish it at the end of the workout and have 50 grams whey in water. then 45 min later, i have a solid meal. dr scott connelly suggests that 35 grams of waxie maize post workout along with 50 grams whey iso is all you need to turn on protein uptake. i up my carbs to 50 because of my insulin dose. it seems to work well for me.
          if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by ALEX.18 View Post
            If im not mistaken, dextrose is just a simple carb right? So i guess it really just depends on how many carbs you want to take in. How much do you weigh? Im guessing youre trying to bulk?
            yes dextrose is also known as glucose. as fast as it gets!!
            if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Sam, What are your thoughts on using honey with protein post workout? Thanks bud!!

Comment

Originally posted by mbig245 View Post
                Sam, What are your thoughts on using honey with protein post workout? Thanks bud!!
                i found this study. maybe someone here who is smarter than me can tell me what it means lol

http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/18

i have used honey in the past and i've used honey when pumping up back stage. no question it works. i find that dextrose is only a few dollars for a couple lb bag, and i can mix it with my creatine and bcaa's. cheap and easy
                sam1976
                Last edited by sam1976; 09-09-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                  i found this study. maybe someone here who is smarter than me can tell me what it means lol

http://www.jissn.com/content/4/1/18

i have used honey in the past and i've used honey when pumping up back stage. no question it works. i find that dextrose is only a few dollars for a couple lb bag, and i can mix it with my creatine and bcaa's. cheap and easy
                  From what I gathered it says the honey is a little more consistent than dextrose and the others? It seems like honey works better for me than dextrose, I have crazy pumps after workouts not to mention looking vascular. Thanks SAM!!

Yea, Honey gets costly don't it!!?? lol

Comment

So mbig when do you take the honey during or after you workout and how much of it

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
                      you can do dextrose on its own or mix with another carb like waxy maize or maltodex. i do about 40-50 grams total carbs. i sip it through my workout with creatine and bcaa's. i finish it at the end of the workout and have 50 grams whey in water. then 45 min later, i have a solid meal. dr scott connelly suggests that 35 grams of waxie maize post workout along with 50 grams whey iso is all you need to turn on protein uptake. i up my carbs to 50 because of my insulin dose. it seems to work well for me.
                      Waxy maze doesn't spike your insulin like you want it to post workout. Works well intra and post for just a long lasting carb source, but honestly you need something higher on the glycemic index to get the insulin spike for immediate restoring of your glycogen stores (which gives a quicker soothing feeling).

I will try to find the article out of men's fitness, but high glycemic sugars after intense training have almost no negative consequences, just good, so you don't have to worry about it throwing off your macro count.

I personally use 2 tablespoons (4 teaspoons?) with 34g protein and 10g BCAA's. That's only 60 calories.

Comment

Gonna have to start eating some honey after my workouts. Luckily my gym has a grill and all the free condiments you could want so honey would be very cheap and easy for me
                        "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Working...
                        X