legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legs

what is your fav. leg killing workout. Mine is real simple but dang its killer.
    1... I stretch for about 10-15 min.
    2... I start with some warm up sets of leg extensions, about 3
    3... I do 4 working sets trying to get 15 reps with as heavy as I can
    4... I do laying leg curls 2 warm up sets then 3 working sets really concentrating on the squeeze at the top, going heavy for 15 reps
    5... I do some really deep squats I mean butt touching my heels with just the bar for 2 sets. then I add weight for 4-5 sets, by this time im good and tired shaking at times, but I push on.
    6... now on to heavy as hell leg press some times I can get as much as 1100lbs depending on my sleep and cycle, I do this till I reach a point were I cant go any more,
    .... and some times I do leg lunges instead of leg press.
    7... I finish off with standing calf raises. 3-4 sets then I limp out of the gym and cry for the next two days when I set on the toilet...lol. you all know what im talking about

so what's your best leg workout. give this a try if you don't have one you feel is working, I have seen good definition in my legs from this,.....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I have yet to find ANYONE including my self that likes doing legs. But I will do my legs at least once out of the week and by the time I'm done I want to throw
    the #@&K up and cant walk right for about the first hour.. The next day is hell. Even tho I don't like doing it I still max it out.
    Leg Extensions 10 drop sets. Seated Leg Curl 10 drop sets. Leg Press 3 sets of 450 to 500. Warm up is a must before I do any sets.
    these numbers very. Normally my last sets I do to failure. By the time I'm done I'm ready to throw my cookies.

I would not have it any other way

I
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

I hate legs too. But a long time ago the biggest natural bodybuilder I have ever met told me "never miss a leg workout, they are your biggest muscle group. Working legs will naturally raise your test level and make you bigger and stronger on all your lifts." He was right...now I never miss legs and have found that hitting legs hard helps me maintain my size and weight.

My routine is simple (last 2 years)
      2 warm up sets of squats
      3 heavy sets (2 to failure, rock bottom all the way to the floor)
      can hardly walk after squats...
      2 sets leg extensions to failure
      2 sets leg curls to failure
      couple sets calves to failure
      Drag myself out of the gym, walking like a 90 year old man (tripping on shit and then realizing there wasn't anything to trip on etc.)

Luckily I have my own gym at my house now. people used to say "wow you really killed em huh?!
      I would just say "yup" and keep walking. I would see them work their legs once a month and wonder why they aren't growing.
      If you can't do it right, Don't do it!

Comment

hrdcorekendo I do a nice pre-exhaust leg workout very similar but for (7) I do 1 leg, Hacks 15-30 reps then calf's (or calves?).
        saves me from loading all the 45's on the sled and adds a little cardio element as I do em 1 after the other.

I used to love leg day until I hurt my knee, now it fills with water after leg day.
        ODB
        Last edited by ODB; 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM.
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I'm a guy that gets physically ill if I do too much leg work too. I've been diggin the dc way of training legs. Leg press, a warmup set, a heavy set to near failure, and the lighter "widowmaker" set. Liking it for calves too, with a real slow negative

Comment

I know all about the tripping over shit that's not there lol I have walked around the gym after a set and have my legs just buckle, funny to see I guess, few of buddies at the gym get a laugh at that, but its so true about the growth and keeping weight if you don't do the legs reg. your robbing your self of potential growth.. good point herc
            ROLL TIDE ROLL

Comment

Well not trying to go against the grain TB but I for one love doing legs.

Here is how I smash mine.

I start by doing a few sets of leg extensions. One leg at a time. I like to warm up this way so I can really warm up the knees.

Then I move on to leg presses. My first set is always a slow set as I am trying to get myself ready for some heavy weight.

Then I do 3 sets. Now our leg press machine only holds seven 45lb plates on each side so I do the first with six and the last two fully loaded. I always stay within 10-12 rep range on these.

Next is squats. This is where pure raw power is made!!

I do 3-4 sets. Start heavy and add weight every set.

Next is leg extensions. I do 4-6 sets and stay within the 12-15 rep range. I found out from years of tweaking my training that after squats my legs like the leg extension motion and get so full of blood from the hard squeeze at the top that at this point I can feel them about to rip out of the skin

Then on to leg curls. By now a lot of weight for me is not needed on this exercise. But don't get me wrong it is still more than 75% of the people I train around does on this exercise. So I just concentrate on getting a full out motion and deep squeeze at the top. 3 sets 10 reps

Now on to hack squats. This is where I am at the point to where I am shaky and dizzy and broken. But I do 3 sets of 10 and if you have a hack squat at your gym USE it they are great but can be rough on the knees but mine are well lubricated and ready for this lift at this point.

Then I finish off with standing calve raises 3 sets and sitting calve raises 3 sets.

Now when I feel up to it every other week or so I throw in leg lunges. I put 2 35lb plates on an easy bar and get someone to put it on my back and I go the length of the gym and back for 2 sets.

My wife just made the comment last night that my legs were bigger than her waist
              Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

I stay away from squats.. I have a disk in my back that would let me know it there if I try them. I still do shoulder Shrugs tho with 200 pounds and a very
                straight back. Even that at times has made my lower back hurt but I can deal with that.
                Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

VOLUME!!! 225 @ 12 Sets of 8. Walking lunges, 15 yards @ 4 Sets. Truck push 300'. Im also tryin to lean up, tired of bein a fat fuck.
                  Airborne. Air Assault. Pathfinder.

Follow Me.

Comment

i love legs cuz i can move some heavy weight...but deep squats are out of the question for me as my knees take a beating and im not risking them at this stage in my life.......any time you hit a sticking point do some german volume training for legs, it will give you some sick pumps and push you through a plateau in a short amount of time
                    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

I've started a new leg routine I picked up from Dwayne Johnson " the rock" I start with four sets of squats with enough weight to only let me do 20 reps each set, then I move onto one legged hack squats which is done with four sets of 50 reps each, this was very hard to work up to but now I can do it the rock calls these those mutha f****s. After I do four sets of one legged leg press with 50 reps each set I finish up with four sets leg extension and leg curls with very heavy weight 10-15 reps. This workout is for advanced workouts and not noobs.

Comment

Originally posted by mortirius123 View Post
                        I've started a new leg routine I picked up from Dwayne Johnson " the rock" I start with four sets of squats with enough weight to only let me do 20 reps each set, then I move onto one legged hack squats which is done with four sets of 50 reps each, this was very hard to work up to but now I can do it the rock calls these those mutha f****s. After I do four sets of one legged leg press with 50 reps each set I finish up with four sets leg extension and leg curls with very heavy weight 10-15 reps. This workout is for advanced workouts and not noobs.
                        Man, that's a lot of reps! My tendonitis and joints would be screaming after a workout like that. I think I would do more damage than good.

Too many reps for me at this stage, but more power to you brother if you can handle it! It just sounds painful.
                        If you can't do it right, Don't do it!

Comment

Herc I am doing a 8 weeks program from Flex Magazine and you hit every body part twice a week. High reps but I still try and go heavy as I can and still complete it. I am so sore from head to toe!! This is my fourth week. Got four more to go and it gets insane. But it is cutting off all my fat!! But I cleaned my diet up from my bulk so that has a lot to do with it too
                          Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

I got my leg routine from branch warren. Start with 4 sets of 50 reps on leg extensions, then the heavy shit and finish with curls
                            "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Working...
                            X