Knot/scarred tissue in muscle still present after months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knot/scarred tissue in muscle still present after months

I still remember that day when I pinned my left quad and it didn't go so good.I hit it too far out and it twitched when I pushed the needle in (probably a nerve in the way).Anyway I injected but after that the injection site was swollen.Like 2-5 min. later I saw signs of broken capillary near the inj. site.It reached it's maximum swelling point by the end of the day and then started depleting.It almost disappeared so I relaxed.

Now it's been about 4 months or so and I can still feel it and see it too.It's only visible when I flex my quad,otherwise you can't see or feel it.It's about 1.5 inches long and an inch wide right on the end/edge of the outer quad muscle.

What is it?Scarred tissue?Will it disappear completely?Can I speed up the process somehow?Anyone dealt with a similar problem?

4 months is an awfully long time. IME even a badly bungled pin will heal after 3-4 weeks tops. The only exception I have found is when I pin the same location to often. I have a golf ball on right glute that never completely goes away. It's from my early years, when I didn't know the importance of alternating pin sites. Certain esters can have a more severe effect when pinned wrong. The shorter ones like prop can f*#k me up if I'm not careful. If I were you, I would bring it to my doctors attention. Let us know what's up bro, and good luck.
    Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Just a thought here but try to massage it out? Deep tissue massage.... Maybe it'll help?

Comment

I did rotate the sites,I only hit one muscle once a week.The spot where I pinned was bad itself I guess.When I started pinning them more to the center of the muscle things were ok.I'm just wondering why it hasn't disappeared yet..

I can try a deep tissue massage yes.I've heard it can help things like this.If it doesn't tho,guess I'll have to go to the doctor to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CellTech View Post
          I did rotate the sites,I only hit one muscle once a week.The spot where I pinned was bad itself I guess.When I started pinning them more to the center of the muscle things were ok.I'm just wondering why it hasn't disappeared yet..

I can try a deep tissue massage yes.I've heard it can help things like this.If it doesn't tho,guess I'll have to go to the doctor to check it out.
          I had a few knots over my time, although I can't say for sure what causes it I managed to get rid of them with deep massages. Hell, I have one in my ass right now!! hahahah

Comment

Like mbig said deep tissue massage + u could try ultrasound it is supposed to help w scar tissue (some chiros have em).
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

It always helps to rub one out!
              Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by timguinness View Post
                It always helps to rub one out!
                Yea rub it out! You'll feel better too! hahahahah

Comment

I had the same problem in my right arm it will soon go away. It took around 6 months but soon worked its way out.

Comment

Working...
                  X