newb Question about pinning and blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb Question about pinning and blood

so ive only done several shots myself and this is first time blood drops were in syringe when i aspirated. i pulled needle out and was gonna put a new needle one to reinject but for the life of my i couldnt get the damn needle off the syringe!

so i recleaned the quad and used same needle. now i do draw with a 22 and use a fresh 25 to inject.

did i goof? should i have tried harder to get the needle off and use a fresh one? i was REALLY twisting the fucker.

i was going to just bring needle out a bit more and aspirate again but went with a new spot instead.

also when u guys are aspirating how much do u pull plunger back?

It sounds just like my shot this morning. I knew I went through a small blood vessel (painless) but it wasd too late. They heal up pretty quick. It kinda feels like ur pin is going through a small rubber band. I push my needle in Super slow so that I can feel anything that is coming up. Rushing my shot this morning like a dummy. I usually pull back on the plunger until I see an air bubble then I roll wit it. You should be ok, just keep an eye on it.
    "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

i didnt inject anything. pulled needle out when i saw blood in syringe.

guess i wanted to insure my procedure of taking pin out and sticking in another spot was ok or should i have tried to replace needle?

Comment

Originally posted by gambit View Post
        i didnt inject anything. pulled needle out when i saw blood in syringe.

guess i wanted to insure my procedure of taking pin out and sticking in another spot was ok or should i have tried to replace needle?
        No your good buddy! When this happens to me I just pull out and inject in another spot. No need to replace the needle.. I pull back about 1/2cc...

Comment

I always use a new one :P Needles are cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post

I always use a new one :P Needles are cheap.
            OUCH! lol

Comment

Wait. So if you aspirate and pull out blood, can u still inject that same liquid? or do you have to throw away that shot of test? I've been wondering this, kuz if you have to throw away that whole shot, well thats a waste of money.

Comment

hey its your blood right. yeah your good to go. least i did!

Comment

Working...
                X