Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher Muscle Mass but Lower Gynoid Fat Mass in Athletes Using Anabolic Androgenic St

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher Muscle Mass but Lower Gynoid Fat Mass in Athletes Using Anabolic Androgenic St

Abstract

Nordström, A, Högström, G, Eriksson, A, Bonnerud, P, Tegner, Y, and Malm, C. Higher muscle mass but lower gynoid fat mass in athletes using anabolic androgenic steroids. J Strength Cond Res 26(1): 246–250, 2012—
    This study evaluated the relationship between anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) use and body constitution. Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry was used to measure bone mineral density (BMD, g·cm−2) of the total body, arms, and legs. Total gynoid and android fat mass (grams) and total lean mass (grams) were measured in 10 strength trained athletes (41.4 ± 7.9 years) who had used AASs for 5–15 years (Doped) and 7 strength trained athletes (29.4 ± 6.2 years) who had never used AASs (Clean). Seventeen sedentary men (30.3 ± 2.1 years) served as Controls. Doped athletes had significantly more lean body mass (85.5 ± 3.8 vs. 75.3 ± 2.5 vs. 60.7 ± 1.9, p < 0.001) and a greater index of fat-free/fat mass (5.8 vs. 2.6 vs. 2.5, p < 0.001) compared with Clean athletes and Controls. Doped athletes also had significantly less gynoid fat mass compared with that of Clean athletes (2.8 ± 0.4 vs. 4.8 ± 0.2 kg, p = 0.02). There were no differences in BMD between the athletes (p = 0.39–0.98), but both groups had significantly higher BMDs at all sites compared with that of Controls (p = 0.01 to <0.001). Thus, long-term AAS use seems to alter body constitution, favoring higher muscle mass and reduced gynoid fat mass without affecting BMD.
    "GYM + JUICE"

def had to break out the dictionary on that one : )~

Comment

well they did all this testing to learn what we all knew already, the AAS works
      Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Good info ODB thanks brother.

Comment

steroids building muscle myth confirmed lmao
          but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
          Hackleech

Comment

Working...
          X