Work out routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work out routine

I have a question about working out 5 days out of the week. I've been working with a trainer that trains professional football/basketball athletes and this person told me I should not be working out everyday, I've been told one day on and one day off by this professional trainer. I understand muscles need 12 hours rest but when using gear does this rule still apply? Right now im on 100 migs of tren every 3 days and 100 migs of sust every 3 days. I still hit the gym and do cardio and weights mon-sat and rest sunday. Or should I just go to the gym eod like the trainer implies?

well saying something like that everyone has to work out one day than one day off is plain stupid tbh there are a huge amount of variables like sleep, gear, supplementation, food, the muscles u work, the muscles u will be working the next day, how heavy u went on ur workout, how heavy u will be going on ur next lol well u get the idea but assuming u have a fairly normal bodybuilding workout split and u are on gear i think u can go with only 1 day off every week
    but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
    Hackleech

Comment

Trainers arent all that smart i mean they send you the study material and you take the test and then youre a certified personal trainer. There are as said above many variables and different work-out routines where you could take every 3rd or even 4th day off. There is no one answer for everyone and chagning it up every few months is best. If you take every other day off you better be workin full body to get the most outta training.

Comment

You need to find out whats right for you - Personally I listen to my body If I dont feel like I will get the most from my session I wont go I tend to do 2 on one off as a rule but it depends on what your training is like. Currently im doing GVT (German Volume Training) http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...48-mcd02.hydra

It works for me
        There are no stupid questions just stupid answers, Please dont be asked to be spoon fed though

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Well the trainer says muscle can't grow if it doesn't rest meaning I would grow more muscle if I workout every other day. I'm wondering if this is a legitimate reason

Comment

Originally posted by theproffessor View Post
            Well the trainer says muscle can't grow if it doesn't rest meaning I would grow more muscle if I workout every other day. I'm wondering if this is a legitimate reason
            Thats a fair comment - However its meant in the context of overtraining as well, for example, You wouldn't train arms and tris one day and the next train chest as that recruits the tris so you wouldn't be getting adequate rest for the tris to grow. You would need a day off,

You need a solid workout routine, Have a look at the german volume training I swear by it Im seeing gains 2 weeks in
            There are no stupid questions just stupid answers, Please dont be asked to be spoon fed though

if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

My weekly schedule goes like this: Mon: chest, Tues: back, Wed: shoulders, Thur: legs, Fri: bi's/tri's. I work in abs/forearms/traps and calves throughout.This helps me seperate body parts pretty well so I don't do shoulders and chest too close together or back and legs. I try to take the wknd off and get lots of sleep this usually makes me grow quite a bit. But again it depends on the individual. Try different routines for about 3 months at a time - track your results closely and see what gives you the best results.

Comment

Rest after back day and rest after leg day maybe

Comment

Originally posted by JayDiesel View Post
                  Trainers arent all that smart i mean they send you the study material and you take the test and then youre a certified personal trainer. There are as said above many variables and different work-out routines where you could take every 3rd or even 4th day off. There is no one answer for everyone and chagning it up every few months is best. If you take every other day off you better be workin full body to get the most outta training.
                  This is true. Trainers are overrated. Everybody is differnt. Alot of this is trial and error. Thats why this sport is mostly mental. I train daily and take one day off.
                  Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

everyone's different. what's overtraining for you may be under training for some and vice versa. my suggestion is if you're an athlete who engages in other activities besides weights, go for less frequency. If sedentary, opt for more. one thing I learned from 20 plus yrs of training, sitting around inactive is the worst thing you can do. If you're feeling for it, go ahead and do 5 days, just organize it so they're recovery oriented and emphasizes your weakness when you're fresh and strong. my current split on cutting cycle now is: chest, back, off, delts, arm, legs, off. yes my bench is weak and legs are my strong point, plus I like separate day for my arms on their own.

Comment

Originally posted by myosaurus View Post
                      everyone's different. what's overtraining for you may be under training for some and vice versa. my suggestion is if you're an athlete who engages in other activities besides weights, go for less frequency. If sedentary, opt for more. one thing I learned from 20 plus yrs of training, sitting around inactive is the worst thing you can do. If you're feeling for it, go ahead and do 5 days, just organize it so they're recovery oriented and emphasizes your weakness when you're fresh and strong. my current split on cutting cycle now is: chest, back, off, delts, arm, legs, off. yes my bench is weak and legs are my strong point, plus I like separate day for my arms on their own.
                      Great post MYO

Comment

my current split on cutting cycle now is: chest, back, off, delts, arm, legs, off.
                        mine is VERY similar: back, chest, cardio, legs, delts/bis/tris, cardio, off
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

Originally posted by Optimal Cruz View Post
                          Great post MYO
                          glad you like it. I have to admit, with this split, you'll inevitably run into elbow problems if you go heavy all the time. if you run into that problem, combine delts and arms in the same day and do legs on arm day then rest 2 days.

Comment

glad you like it. I have to admit, with this split, you'll inevitably run into elbow problems if you go heavy all the time. if you run into that problem, combine delts and arms in the same day and do legs on arm day then rest 2 days.
                            Yeah

Completely agree, I suppose he will have to work it out himself see how he gets on. GVT is brilliant as im not going heavy but god do I feel it the day after

Comment

Originally posted by PushinWeight View Post
                              mine is VERY similar: back, chest, cardio, legs, delts/bis/tris, cardio, off
                              Are you always going heavy? Whats your recovery like......... Id like to train like that but just dont have the time with work etc

Comment

Working...
                              X