No announcement yet.

Mountain lad, 6'2" 220 fat built need to fulfill / surpass my genetic potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain lad, 6'2" 220 fat built need to fulfill / surpass my genetic potential

So I've come to the realization like some do that life is short and you should get everything out of it that you can. Among those things I want to experience a very specific body that I've never had, I've always been fat since childhood, but gifted with genetics from my lumberjack Dad.

Always more intellectual than athletic growing up I only really took a passion to lifting around the age of 18-22, and was hugely inconsistent. My diet has always been shit and I advanced from full-body routines (building a base) to doing splits recently. I've lifted on and off since then and have learned a lot, am now 26 and along with cutting would like to get bigger, I know I can do it, so I'm here to learn.

I have a pic of my body at the moment in my profile. It ain't where I want it to be. We'll get there though.
    Are you afraid to die, Spartacus? No more than I was afraid to be born.

Welcome to JM

Comment

Welcome Bro, looks like u have a good base keep Adding + Refining.
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Lets get the show on the road. Tell us about your diet. What are you eating.
        How many calories
        How many carbs
        How much protein. Aday The faster we get your diet right the faster we can help you reach your goals

Comment

Wellcome , Big L is right, get your diet right and also your mind (self controll) where it needs to be and you will amaze yourself.
          There are a bunch of smart fellas on this site, if you listen and stick to a good plan you'll be G2G.

Comment

Hey thanks guys appreciate it -

Diet is really not tight at all, I count my calories for a few days in a row to get a feel of what I'm doing and usually see I'm under-eating. Then I stop counting calories.

I'm given 3000 or so as maintenance for my weight and height and instead of hitting the "safe" 2300 or so area I'll usually be at 1700-2000 for the day, and again I lift hard 45 minutes on a split, every once in a while on an off day I might jog a couple miles.

I've been on an ECA stack (half-assedly, i.e. low-dosing) and am lifting 4-5 times a week on a split (after getting tired of the full-body routine) and am definitely not eating enough to put on muscle while doing this, or maintain it. I admit it.

I try to eat high protein but am certain I'm not doing over 1g per lb. of bodyweight and intend to fix that and accept eating as the responsibility it is, even during a cut. I drink whey but know it's not a substitute for food or real dead animal. I eat almost little to no carbs (less than 60g a day) on off-days and maybe only 2-3x that on training days. I've been losing about 2 lbs. a week which I'm sure is fat, and another 1 or 2 I'll shrug off as water weight, (I always try to underestimate or overestimate my numbers if it'll push me harder). Goal is to drop 20-30 lbs. of fat in the next 6 months, gain as much lean mass as possible.

Some of this is weight I've been losing is bound to be muscle and I'm tempted to hit the breaks on this cut, focus on maintaining/building muscle and letting fat go slowly. But on the other hand, I need to taste low bf% and I know this.

Everyone is telling me to leangains, and maybe I will. Thing is I hate the idea of an off-day and like to lift as often as possible. I also like to run but know not to do it too often. I am an endorphin junkie like my Dad and inherited a tendency to overdo things. The concept of dialing back exercise for my own good took me a long time to accept.

Dear diary etc. I wrote enough, thanks again guys
            Brodan
            Last edited by Brodan; 12-01-2012, 01:57 AM.
            Are you afraid to die, Spartacus? No more than I was afraid to be born.

Comment

Diet is defintely a problem for ya. We all know we cant cut and bulk on same cycle so you have to pick 1. If i where you only my opinion is to bulk up you habe the right genetics. So after you pick bulk of cut we can help ya. And moutain men dont they go deer hunting during summer time cut cycle i eat so much venison. Higher protein than red meat and has less caloriess also

Comment

Start packing on muscle mass, muscleis metabolic all the time the more muscle mass you have te easier it will be to loose fat weight while cutting. I had to do this myself cause I have a very hard time just loosing fat weight. I built the muscle the muscle burned the fat (took over a year to loose 67lbs).

Comment

Working...
                X