newbie on a mission !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie on a mission !!!

I'm thinking i'm ganna like this forum..

37 years old father of 5 ,always looking for correct information on lifting and supplements.

5'10'' 200lbs 18'' arms pressing over 360 .I know it aint much for some of you but i'll catch up.

Haha, I am about the same size. Nothing special myself. New here myself. Welcome!

My arms are 16.75" but that is with a tight tape, no slack, pressing through any fat, which isn't much. I have had two people measure my arms and say 17.5", but I could tell they were slacking the tape a little. Barely snug, but touching all the way around. Maybe to make me feel better.

I haven't maxed on the bench in a year. Last time was 230. Which was shortly after I started after a 5 year break. haha. But I could do it 3 times. But I couldn't do 235 once. It was really weird. It was my muscle memory point from where I left off in High school. A guy told me, I was at a stopping point and needed to use dumbbells for bench to get them stabilizer muscles stronger, and also, to stretch, stretch, and stretch more. Only then would my bench go up.

I started using the 45's in each hand. Very wobbly and unbalanced on the way up. So he was right about my stabilizer muscles being crap.
    I now can get the 80 pound dumbbells, using them to bench press. I do that 10 times. Then I drop to the 65's, do those 10 times, then the 50's, then the 40's. Then 20's until failure.
    So I do drop-sets that look like this: 10,10,10,10 - half weight of last set, until Failure. So 5 sets total.
    In that same drop-set style, I start with the 55 dumbbells for curls. Reppin 10 of those, reducing in weight by 10. for 3 more sets, plus a set to failure.
    The butterfly's. I am a freak of nature. Doing twice as much as guys bigger than me. I can do the max on most butterfly machines. But they are in fact machines with plenty of advantage with all the pulleys.
    Your pressing over 360? That's awesome, plus 18" arms?
    Bench press, and ab wheel roll out's were all I ever did growing up.
    Those are the two things I can do more than the average big guy in the Gym. The Butterfly, and The Ab Wheel.
    If you have never done the Ab Wheel, just know, you might be able to do 2 or 3 at first. I can get about 40. That is completely flat with the Superman flying motion, arms parallel to the ground. Ab Wheel Develops flexors in your hips. Your lats, But not in the way that makes you look triangle shape, but in a way that it makes your back thicker. Finally, it does the entire ab's, But mostly the very top under your chest.
    I regret doing them for so long, because it doesn't make a person look right cosmetically. Big upper ab's and big Mid back. It is the main reason I have been working out. I needed to even that shit out! Looking a lot better.
    You have 5 kids? that's awesome! I only have 1, but he is above average in brains and height, surprisingly.
    again, welcome! and don't get too big!
    I am just now finding out how important cardio is!
    yes I know.... I think a lot, and type even faster, mostly random crap!. close to 175 gwam! Most of my post when I get to the end look like this. !! lol.

-Peace!

Comment

Working...
    X