Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krazy AKA Ben Richards

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I don't know how I avoided this section for this long, but I suppose it is somewhat overdue. Im going to due this chronologically... I was born in 1979 in New Jersey, we then moved to Florida. I spent my childhood in Clearwater Fl before moving to Missouri with my family as a young man in my teens. I graduated from the University of Missouri, and got into political jobs for shit money. Shortly after finding out that working as a grunt in a political office will never pay, I started managing restaurants. I became the GM of a steakhouse in Missouri. After 2 years of 80 hours per week, I decided that to was not a life. So, I packed up, headed out West, and started a new life. I bounced around a bit in corporate management jobs using my degree for 4 years until I found my new life.

A buddy of mine came to me with an opportunity to work in a strip club. The hours sucked, but the pay was astronomical. I jumped in with both feet and it has been the best 2 years of my life.

Now behind the scenes...

I was born a healthy fit baby, and I continued to stay at normal weight until about age 6. When I turned 6 I was walking to and from Kindergarten on my own. I would occasionally skip school and eat ice cream, cookies, and drink whole milk until my parents got home. By the time I was 7.5 - 8 years old, I was obese. At 13 years old I weighed 242 Lbs, and I had high blood pressure. I started playing football and the weight training quickly showed me that I had genetic potential for above average strength, quickness, and speed. I changed into more of a barrel by the time I was 16. I was still about 242, but now I was squatting 645 Lbs and slaughtering dudes 2 years older than me in comps.
    Of course, the entire time, my coaches are telling me that my body can do more and that only my mind is weak. Slipped a disc in my back, spent 3 days on the floor unable to get up, and I will never be the same. Lost my strength, could no longer play ball, and I was never going to be able to approach cleans or squats with the same mental approach ever again.

Basically, then I went on a moron diet and cut my calories to about 800 per day with no weight training or cardio. I went all the way down to 192 Lbs and I was nothing but soft thin fatness... I literally looked like I could donate estrogen from my pores. As I found myself sitting in disgust over my body, I decided to educate myself, and find new ways to approach crafting my physique. I bought the Encyclopedia of Modern body building, and snagged a copy of Pumping Iron from Block Buster. I learned how to lift with perfect form and control. I removed the rage component of my approach, and replaced it with the mindset sculptor. I slowly built myself back up to 205 Lbs. By the end of my senior year, I was 220 Lbs and looking good.

College came, started smoking pot, got a girfriend, partied, smoked, gained 25 lbs over 4 years, and those were the good parts...

Shattered my Skull in December of 2006
    I went up to 272 Lbs by January of 2010. I started my current journey at this point. I decided that I was no longer going to take an approach of temporary change, but that I was going to change everything about the way I handled diet and exercise. I started the 7 day a week routine I have been on for the last 29 months, I have seen my body go through an incredible metamorphosis. I have never been more happy or secure in my life. I put in the hard work and dedication and uncle nappy gave me the tools.

P.S. Ben Richards is a reference to "The Running Man"
    Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Great history Krazy. No welcome really needed but great to have your knowledge onboard. Its invaluable. Good lifting.
    "Stop Crying and Lift!!!!!"

Comment

I am back from the dead guys. Well, I never left the gym, but I got off the internet and got pretty sick last winter. Everything I lost, I regained. Its good to be back, and I am excited to see what Ive missed.
      Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

AWESOME STORY. Shit like that is what movies are made of.. Welcome back. Look froward to reading your post.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

shit i was wondering where the hell you disappeared to...glad you are back floating around
          Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Dont give up, never give up, dont stop giving what youve got. Glad to have you around brotha.
            "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

NapsGear.Org - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Welcome Krazy. I think I read a thread of yours from way back.
              Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

Working...
              X