Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Gentlemen, I'm new here so I figured it would only be appropriate to introduce myself, and because I'm going to be asking ALOT of questions, I thought it best to explain my background and what I am looking for. My name is Test-ee! (*NOT MY REAL NAME*), and I'm a grad senior in sports medicine at a top-tier university (Geaux Tigers). I'm currently researching my final thesis, and have decided to write my thesis on steroid use and performance enhancing substances in practical use (not just for athletes). As a part of my research, I thought it would only be right to be open minded and TRY what I'm writing about before I condemn or defend it (objectivity... who'da thunk it?) So, I've been researching steroids, had a physical (and told my doctor what I'm doing), and this place seems to have alot of reputable information. So, here I am. My main concern is my own safety, but I'm not willing to read a text book, thousands of statistics, or watch Morgan Spurlock disparage something and then write a thesis based on their experience, and it just doesn't seem like I can personally get a feel for the effects that I'll be writing about by only looking at research studies and building my own experimental methods. I want to experience it first-hand, again, safely. Anyway, if you guys don't mind, I'm gonna be picking your brains in an attempt to have the basic steroid experience. In return, I do promise to post everything, including all of my research, findings, progress, and final thesis here for the community to read and share in, cause lets face it, some old prick is gonna grade it and throw it away. Perhaps chronicling my experience can help other new people or those considering taking the plunge. Any risk in the nameof science. Test-ee! out!

Test-ee! welcome to JM, there's a ton of knowledge here so I'm sure that myself and other members will be able to help you.
    Good Luck bro
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

What to say ...

"My main concern is my own safety, but I'm not willing to read a text book, thousands of statistics, or watch Morgan Spurlock disparage something and then write a thesis based on their experience, and it just doesn't seem like I can personally get a feel for the effects that I'll be writing about by only looking at research studies and building my own experimental methods"

Your own experimental ... will be ... yours!

In the end it will drop down to the emotional level of the well being!

What I think is that all facts/studies are already out!

Comment

Not exactly. The university is allowing me to team up with a team of medical students doing studies on steroid use and is providing me with test subjects, with whom I will be performing a number of physical, mental, and psychological aptitude tests. I'm looking at the overall effects in all three catagories, assigning numerical values to each group and increment of improvement, and scoring the subjects to see where the trend lies as far as overall benefit, not just health vs. conditioning. They will be the source of my experimental data which I will use for my thesis. However, I'd like to be able to perform my own subjective opinions (for my own use, not for my papers), not just look at a list of numbers based on what my test subjects have experienced. I don't exactly follow the rest of your post, but if you are insinuating that my thesis will be tainted by the fact that I'm worried about my own safety, you are incorrect. What I was trying to convey (not very successfully) was that I was here because this place seems to be full of people who have used, survived, and continued to use, which tells me that I want to hear what the members have to say about the safety and effectiveness of using. What works, what doesn't, and what is recommended to protect yourself during and after your cycles as you manipulate hormone levels. And I can read every fact and study out there and still have NO idea whether I do or don't support steroid use, claims made in studies on both sides of the issue are consistently outlandish and ridiculous.

Comment

Welcome to JM.Good luck in your research.Let us know what you find.

Comment

Welcome TEST-ee! Sounds interesting. Looking forward to your findings and results. Keep us updated!

Comment

Welcome to JM ask away with any question im sure lots of people can help you out

Comment

welcome aboard

Comment

Hello everyone...!
                  I am very new member to this forum. Just wanted to say hi to everyone.I have a special interest in natural with vitamins and minerals in every portion. I found this forum very informative regarding natural with vitamins and minerals. I am really very excited here to take in discussions. Hope you will contribute your ideas and support me in my mission.Nice to meet you.Have a good day.
                  portland fitness center

Comment

Working...
                  X