F.I.S.T. Training Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
    You're right about that Win All Day,the workouts with the kids seem tougher than my gym workouts.At least with the gym,im in do my workout and im done.With the kids im never done.LMFAO.

Ive been training martial arts for about 48 yrs and MMA for about 30.I started with Tae Kwon Do and then switched to Wing Chun Kung Fu which I stayed with through school and into the Marine Corps which introduced me to mixed martial arts.Was in the Corps for 26 yrs with it and have stuck with it to this day.When I neared retirement from the Corps,I opened a dojo with a couple friends which we later added a full gym to and then further down the road added a health food cafe.

30 yrs later here I am still with my biz but finally semi-retired but am still there almost daily.Well less and less lately as im enjoying my new found family times.LOL.To this day,I still train and teach it as well.

Anyway,thats the long version answer to your question.LMAO.
    Damn, that's majorly impressive, honestly. I trained MMA for a couple years, fell out of it for a period of time. I'm planning on getting back into it this winter as that's my off season from work.
    That's awesome man; solid background in pretty much everything fittness/health related. No wonder you have so much knowledge on this forum. Glad to have you here boss!
    Glad to hear you're able to start enjoying some of retirement! You've definitely earned it, sounds like you maintain an extremely busy lifestyle still though!

Comment

• Thank you very much Win All Day.I really appreciate it.

Yea,ive busted my butt and still do to this day but I don't know how to do it any other way.LMAO. I do still keep a pretty busy lifestyle but now its more with the family instead of the biz.Thank God I got to a point where I had the right crew,and the right sponsors to ease up on the reigns and let others run it for me.It was a fucking hard decision i;ll tell ya.When you spend you're life building and growing something,its amazingly hard to turn her over to others to carry that lifes legacy.

But it's inevitable so I had to do it while I was still young enough to enjoy it.

Comment

• Today was supposed to be an iron day for me but yesterday we want hiking and swimming and im whooped today.Went running with dogs,played frisbee with the kids,and hiked for about 5 miles.My ass is draggin.LOL.Will be hitting it again tomorrow though.

Comment

• Man,ive been on the go lately with the family doing all kinds of activities so its been busting my butt.Strapping my energy for the iron.LMAO.Well today was leg day so I did hit it but went a little easier than normal.

Warm up with 15 minutes of treadmill.
          Stretching 10 minutes before and after.

Ft Squats------------------------------------4 Sets of 15
          Hack Machine Squats------------------3 Sets of 10
          Leg Ext--------------------------------------3 Sets of 12
          Leg Curls-----------------------------------2 Sets of 20

Comment

• Training around a family is tough sometimes family comes first though!

Comment

• You got that right Pestosterone my brother.But ive missed too many yrs with my family so now that I have the xtra free time,im enjoying every second I can with them.The gym isnt going anywhere.LOL

Comment

• Back day this morning...............

Elliptical for 15 minutes before and after
                Stretching for 10 minutes before and after

Wide Grip Pull Ups------------------------4 Sets of 15

Super Sets:
                Lat Pull Downs-----------------------------4 Sets of 12
                Seated Rows-------------------------------4 Sets of 12

Bent Over Rows---------------------------4 Sets of 10
                Inverted Rows-----------------------------2 Sets of 25

Comment

• Nice workout brother F.I.S.T.
                  GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

• Thanks Gymdad.Its been tough this week to keep the intensity in the gym because we've been running around every day doing more activities.But im hanging in there.Barely.LOL

Comment

• But that family time is precious!!! Keep doing what you are doing brother you are inspiring even out of the gym!!
                      GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

• Sorry guys,I tried to post this up yesterday but had problems with my connection.But it seems to be all fixed today so here it is.Yesterday's shoulder workout.........

Elliptical for 15 minutes before
                        Treadmill for 15 minutes after
                        Stretching for 15 minutes before and after.

Military Presses
                        2 Warm Ups Sets----------------------------15 Reps
                        4 Working Sets-------------------------------10 Reps

Barbell Front Raises-----------------------3 Sets of 12
                        Seated Dumbbell Presses---------------4 Sets of 10 each
                        Cable Side Laterals------------------------2 Sets of 15
                        Upright Rows--------------------------------2 Sets of 15

- - - Updated - - -

Off Today.

Comment

• Enjoy day off mate

Comment

• Chest day today..............

Calisthenics for 15 minutes before
                            Treadmill for 10 minutes after
                            Stretching for 15 minutes before and after

Flat Bench Presses---------------------5 Sets of 10
                            Incline Dumbbell Presses-------------4 Sets of 12
                            Flat Bench Flyes-------------------------3 Sets of 12
                            Dips------------------------------------------5 Sets of 10
                            Dumbbell Pullovers---------------------4 Sets of 6

Comment

• What's
                              Calisthenics?

Comment

• Old school stuff hell yea! military training boot camp stuff like in full metal jacket!!! Hope I'm remembering correctly.lol nice workout

Comment

Working...
                                X