• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Real Man Needs Danger and Play

A Real Man Needs Danger and Play

January 16, 2015 By Danger & Play

I’m going to let you in on a secret.

I could stop working today and live a quiet, comfortable life anywhere in the world. I could lie down and drink beers on some beach. I could have a harem of women at my feet. My life would be non-stop validation from yes-men and yes-women.

Why don’t I just write self-help stuff and make people like me? What’s wrong with me?

If I shut my mouth, I could be big. I could be Tony Robbins big. Important people could associate with me in public.

I could rename Danger & Play. Let’s call it Safe & Secure. You could come here for information about how great you are and how society is oppressing you.

I’d even bring on a female staff writer. We’d make everything gender neutral and inclusive. Each and every post would go through multiple revisions to ensure minimal offense.

We could all hug each other.

I could use the blog as a sales funnel to get you into coaching programs. After all, why write if the end game isn’t to sell you on a $1,000/hr. life coaching consults?

Some social justice warrior companies like Uber would maybe put me on the Board of Director and I could smile while drinking wine at dinner parties.

The Coca-Cola corporation could pay me speaking fees to rally the troops and teach them how to sell more sugar water to impoverished Africans.
    Maybe I’d meet the Dali Lama.

I don’t want “the prize.”

In any given transaction – whether that’s work, business, or a relationship – it’s helpful to ask yourself not just what you’re getting, but what you are giving up.

What’s the prize of kissing ass and conforming to modern society? Money? Validation from gutless hypocrites and insufferable pussies?

I’ve been to dinner parties with billionaires.The smug air nearly suffocated me.

I don’t want to be Mark Cuban if that means crying on tv about an "offensive" tweet.

Maybe that costs me money and maybe that costs me readership.

And maybe I don’t give a fuck.

I need to get close to the fire to test myself, and you don’t test yourself by conforming to the mainstream.

What is it like having thousands of people throw the most vile accusations your way?
    I had to know. Why? Because what else am I going to do – sit around kissing ass and trying to make my websites acceptable to Fortune 500 advertisers?

No thanks.

I have been falsely accused of the most odious crimes. Think of a crime and someone out there is falsely accusing me of it at this very moment.

(Most of these thousands of people are not telling me how great I am.)

I like pushing myself until I will throw up. My body can’t take the abuse of hard workouts anymore, and there’s no way I could make it through Special Forces Selection or Ranger Training without tearing a ligament in my shoulder.

I need a challenge. I need to do what others can’t or won’t do.

I will always push the limits.

Oftentimes what I am doing won’t make much sense to you, and that’s totally cool.

You have to live your life.

Why are you conforming? What’s the prize? What do you get out of it?

You need to sit down and have a long talk with yourself.

Who are you living for?

Maybe you want mainstream acceptance.

If you are a long-time reader, you know my answer to that. Your life, your choices.

Danger & Play is a set of tools.

You can apply the mindset principles here to have the sex life of a Roman emperor, to be the most hated man in the world, or to be beloved by all.

Your life.

Your choices.

But there is also my life and my choices.

If you expect me to conform to the mainstream, prepare to be disappointed.

I don’t need to hear any concern trolling. I know what I am doing.

I am challenging myself. I went into the belly of the beast.

Would I fold? Again, I had to know. I had to apply the Gorilla Mindset principles to a stressful situation to know they are real.

Am I done with that fight? For now, yes, my priorities are shifting.

In fact, the attacks on me have made Gorilla Mindset better.

You read Danger & Play because it’s real. There’s no bullshit theory or life hacks. I don’t go on PubMed or pick up a textbook and then declare myself an expert.

What you see on this website and what you will see on the pages of Gorilla Mindset are pieces of my soul.

I’ll never be normal. I’ll never be mainstream. I’ll never be the “man you bring home to mom and dad.”

And I can’t imagine living life any other way.

If that bothers you, fantastic. There are many awesome websites to read.Tony Robbins Seminars are tremendous learning experiences.

But Danger & Play will remain true to its core values. “A real man wants two things: danger and play.”

The past few months have been full of both, and I have loved every minute.

The DaFuq!?Boom! channel on YouTube has a number of popular YouTube Shorts called skibidi toilet. A faction of persons with head hardware, such as cameras, loudspeakers, or televisions, are at war with the Skibidi Toilets, disembodied heads within moving toilets that can be killed by being flushed down. Georgian animator Alexey Gerasimov created Skibidi Toilet with Source Filmmaker. On February 7, 2023, the initial short appeared online.

Comment

I appreciate your posting. I've read about a lot of related subjects! Contrary to other articles, yours left me with a really distinct impression. I hope you'll keep writing insightful posts like this one and others for us to everyone to read! five nights at freddy's

Comment

Thank you for your sharing. If you have time try to play skibidi toilet game.

Comment

The article has a lot of useful knowledge and is well written. I have been to your site. It is both interesting and amazing happy wheels.

Comment

You can typically find your current grade by using the test grade calculator

Comment

Wonderful blog. It was fun to read your posts. This book was really fun for me to read. I've saved it and can't wait to read more from it. Keep up your wonderful work! five nights at freddy's

Comment

Working...
              X