hypoglycemia and steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypoglycemia and steroids

if any of you guys or gals could help me out with this or shin some light on this sub. ok for the past few weeks even as far back as 3 months I have been getting supper sweaty and shacks and kind of tunnel vision, and I know that its from my sugar dropping out and so if I down a sun drop and eat a candy bar in a few min im back to normal, my question is, does this have to do with my use in aas a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a year or so has know Idea that I take aas, i told him i think i need to be check for hypoglycemia, said well if your taking steroids that might be why your sugar is dropping. does any one know this to be a fact. it was nice thou to be that guy that a old friend sees and says hell u must be on something lol
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Thats a question that I would ask Sam.
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

From what I know steroids can cause hyperglycemia, but honestly I've never heard of them dropping it. One thing to analyze would be your diet and see if you might need some changes. The only thing that I could think of that might be related to juice would be that they do cause your cells to jump into overdrive thus using more energy(sugars) also if the problem occurs it could be due to your workout because the juice gives you the ability to workout like a madman. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass but until you can figure out the problem you might want to keep a candy in your pocket to avoid passing out. I have to go to work for a while tomorrow so I'll ask one of the house docs if he has additional input. Take care of yourself man and also like TB said send Sam a PM and see what he has to say.

Comment

I have the same problem when I get done working out until I eat simple sugars it started once I started taking gh
        One decision determines your legacy

Comment

go get yourself a home blood sugar tester..they are relatively cheat at any pharmacy....you are most likely not taking in enough carbs and burning through what you are eating and lowering your blood sugar...keep an eye on it and it it continues to happen even if you are upping your carbs id go see an endocrinologist...high blood sugar is bad, low blood sugar can kill you...normal range is 80-120
          Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

I drink a Post-Workout recovery drink during my workout (they have simple carbs) keeps me going.

2 I use;
            Intek PW-evolution or BioRythm AfterGlow

BioRhythm - AfterGlow Post Workout Euphoria Bazooka Fruit - 2.12 lbs. (960 g)
            Supplement Facts Serving Size: 2 Scoops (60 g)
            Servings Per Container: 16

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
            Calories 208
            Calories from Fat 0
            Total Fat 0 g 0%
            Cholesterol 0 g 0%
            Sodium 180 mg 10%
            Potassium 1370 mg 40%
            Total Carbohydrates 32 g 11%
            Sugars (unrefined) 26 g

Protein 20 g
            Vitamin A 40%
            Vitamin C 200%
            Vitamin D 35%
            Vitamin E 40%
            Thiamin (B1) 35%
            Riboflavin (B2) 35%
            Niacin (B3) 35%
            Vitamin B6 35%
            Folic Acid 35%
            Vitamin B12 35%
            Biotin 35%
            Pantothenic Acid 35%
            Calcium 30%
            Iodine 30%
            Selenium 30%
            Iron 15%
            Magnesium 30%
            Zinc 30%
            Copper 30%
            Manganese 30%
            Molybdenum 30%
            L-Glutamine 7.5 g **
            BCAA AKG 2.5 g **
            L-Leucine AKG 1375 mg
            L-Valine AKG 625 mg
            L-Isoleucine AKG 625 mg
            L-Taurine 1000 mg **
            KreaAlkalyn 1000 mg **
            Cissus Quadreangularis 1000 mg
            Phosphatidylserine 800 mg **
            Pomegranate Powder 750 mg **
            R-ALA 100 mg **
            Grape Seed Extract 3 mg
            † Percent Daily Values are baed on a 2000 calorie diet.
            ** Daily Value not established.
            Other Ingredients: 100% Unrefined Evaporated Cane Juice, Cold Processed Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate, D-Glucose Polymers, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose.
            ODB
            Last edited by ODB; 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM.
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

i have not had the problem after a workout but more when I have missed a meal, thank you all for the insight
              ROLL TIDE ROLL

Comment

Working...
              X