What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for a living?

(I know you can write this on your profile but anyway)
    Was sitting around talking with some guys at work today, and most of them seem to think that meatheads like me can only do manual labor and not think, so I'm curious, what level of education do you have, and what do you do for a living?

In Sweden we have school class 1(your 7 when you start)-9 that you have to go and then you choose a study line for 3 more years, after that you can go to university and such.
    I chose construction line but quit before graduation due to personal problems. Now I work as a team leader in construction with demolition, concrete and asbestos as main things, I usually have between 2-10 guys working under me. Other than that I have the farm where I live, there we have horses, lambs, chickens and ducks. And to top it of I'm trying to start up a small buissnes for my girl, to sell the clothes and misc stuff she does
    Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

That seems to be the same mentality taken in my line of work also. Im in the oilfield. I have a degree in petroleum engineering. This is what i do "Petroleum engineers design and develop methods for extracting oil and gas from deposits below the earth’s surface. Petroleum engineers also find new ways to extract oil and gas from older wells." - copy and pasted from OOH. I wouldnt consider my work manual although i do get out into the shop and help fabricate new tools that we design. I dont have to but i'd rather get my hands dirty than look at a computer screen all day
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

I am a science geek, work in pharma (as many other expats here in Switzerland)!

Have formal educations in both biomedical science and music theory.
      ExpatCH
      Last edited by ExpatCH; 05-13-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I bet these critics are just out of shape or toothpick thin jealous pricks don't let these types get to you. I graduated top of my class and am about to begin my residency at the local university hospital. People normally knock that which they cannot achieve.
        Also before I forget congrats TimeBadit now You The BOSS!

Comment

I just signed out of Ft. Campbell today. Im 24, I do believe that the Post 9/11 GI Bill sounds splended. School it is. Anyone in here an RN? I do strongly believe that is what Im going to do.
          Airborne. Air Assault. Pathfinder.

Follow Me.

Comment

I'm a super at a concret company I have Abt ten guys under me and I still get my hands dirty. I sweat in the summer and freeze in the winter but I love it. I live in oklahoma so weather is all over the place

Comment

I used to be into "info tech" pretty hard, had my own computer repair company for a short while. I have an associates degree in "High Performance Motorsports Technology" also. Got my business incorporated last year and have been doing "racing applications" on street cars since then lol

Comment

Originally posted by AIRBORNE View Post
                I just signed out of Ft. Campbell today. Im 24, I do believe that the Post 9/11 GI Bill sounds splended. School it is. Anyone in here an RN? I do strongly believe that is what Im going to do.
                My nephew is going for his RN's and I do believe that would be a great field for you. Two years of school and you get to work around pretty chicks and make some good money. I can tell you that female nurses get all exited around a muscular man in scrubs believe you me. Also, look into CRNA my old highschool girlfriend went into that and graduated last year and she told me that she is taking home $1500 a day for very little work I might have to make a come back on that one. Can't go wrong with the medical field.

Comment

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
                  I used to be into "info tech" pretty hard, had my own computer repair company for a short while. I have an associates degree in "High Performance Motorsports Technology" also. Got my business incorporated last year and have been doing "racing applications" on street cars since then lol
                  I'm going to have to bug you about your opinion on putting some of my rides on steroids lol!

Comment

Originally posted by juicemanjoe View Post
                    I'm going to have to bug you about your opinion on putting some of my rides on steroids lol!
                    Everything should be on gear, you, your ride, your power tools Everything lol
                    Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

Originally posted by Shrek View Post
                      Everything should be on gear, you, your ride, your power tools Everything lol
                      True that Shrek!

Comment

Planet Fatness is the epitome of the saying "Muscles, No Brains"...
                        I'm an accountant, good with numbers, good with everything.
                        I just let people think I'm another pretty face, cross me or bully me and you will be sorely mistaken!
                        "it is nice to be important, but more important to be nice".

Comment

Originally posted by juicemanjoe View Post
                          Shoot me a PM lol. I do mostly late model GM (LS engines) stuff but can make anything fast haha.

Comment

I've been a Sales Exec for major insurance companies the last 10 years or so. I got caught in a leadership change squeeze about a year ago along with a half dozen or so of my coworkers and have been looking what I want to do when I grow up since. Nothing sucks more than looking at lower paying jobs only to be told they won't take you because they know when someone comes along with a double the salary offer I'd be gone....well duh! I may have to go back into selling if something doesn't hit soon. Unemployment is NOT a sexy thing!

Comment

I work as a designer
                              NapsGear.Net - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Working...
                              X