Intense Heatburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intense Heatburn?

Ok question for my mentors here... I was eating 4000 calories for a long time as discussed in other threads. After encouragement from some guys I increased my calories to 6000 because my weight gain had plateaued. Which thankfully is no longer a problem I've already put on a few pounds. But along with the weight gain has come terrible heartburn. I'm almost positive it was from the increase in calories cause its only been the past week or so since I increased my intake. Any advice would be appreciated its pretty unpleasant. I didn't want to go grab some over the counter shit and just start poppin pills yet I just wanted to know if anyones experienced this.
    A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.

Sad to say man I have experienced the same thing. Just like you I had increased my cal intake and started experiencing heartburn pretty frequently. Now, what is more than likely going on is that your lower esophageal sphincter is not properly closing due to the amount of food in your stomach, but this would only be so if you are eating big meals or not giving yourself enough time between meals to allow your stomach to process the food. There are a few ways to remedy this without meds but you should try and fix this problem as soon as you can because frequent heartburn can develop into gastroesophageal reflux disease and that really sucks. Ok first off you can try to spead out your meals a little more or adjust the size of meals you are eating or even both. Also there are a few foods that can cause your LES to relax and close properly I don't remember all of them but coffee, tomatoes, garlic, and peppermint are a few. If those don't work I would recommend consulting your doctor antacids are ok but if you try some other meds they can have adverse effects when used along with juicing. Omeprazole is one that I heard that can actually cause gynocomastia so you can guess using two things that can cause that would heighten your chances of experiencing it. One last thing if you smoke that can be a big factor too. Good luck man after eating so much after a while your stomach should stretch and also possibly fix this problem. Sorry I rambled so much just half asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by juicemanjoe View Post
      Sad to say man I have experienced the same thing. Just like you I had increased my cal intake and started experiencing heartburn pretty frequently. Now, what is more than likely going on is that your lower esophageal sphincter is not properly closing due to the amount of food in your stomach, but this would only be so if you are eating big meals or not giving yourself enough time between meals to allow your stomach to process the food. There are a few ways to remedy this without meds but you should try and fix this problem as soon as you can because frequent heartburn can develop into gastroesophageal reflux disease and that really sucks. Ok first off you can try to spead out your meals a little more or adjust the size of meals you are eating or even both. Also there are a few foods that can cause your LES to relax and close properly I don't remember all of them but coffee, tomatoes, garlic, and peppermint are a few. If those don't work I would recommend consulting your doctor antacids are ok but if you try some other meds they can have adverse effects when used along with juicing. Omeprazole is one that I heard that can actually cause gynocomastia so you can guess using two things that can cause that would heighten your chances of experiencing it. One last thing if you smoke that can be a big factor too. Good luck man after eating so much after a while your stomach should stretch and also possibly fix this problem. Sorry I rambled so much just half asleep.
      Dude that absolutely makes sense. I've been eating literally every two hours, full meals, which from eating every three to four hours previously is quite the change. I eat out a lot and when the waiter/waitress hears everything I plan on eating myself I get some pretty funny looks and I always just gorge almost until the point of nausea. I guess I hope my stomach stretches out soon cause I've been pretty pleased with my weight gain this past week (7lbs) and my strength has gone through the roof but the acid reflux is ridiculous. I was tryin to have sex last night but was so uncomfortable cause I was burping what felt like pure stomach acid, that I literally just wasn't horny and couldn't stay hard (which was pretty embarassing) obviously my head just wasnt in the game. Today was weird though I literally couldn't force myself to eat as much as I have been my body just wasn't having it.
      A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step.

Comment

This has been me for the past 2 weeks... I knew it was the amount I was putting in but love the details as to why. Once again I'm on the learning curve.
        Great post.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

lower your sodium intake and add fruits and salad etc. certain foods also give you heartburn.

Comment

Just be selective on the fruits you choose mainly because there are a lot of fruits are very acidic and adding acid to a problem caused by acid is not too good. Also, you must consider that we all are slamming large amounts of protein and what are proteins? They are compounds of amino acids so, basically we are all slamming acid shakes. Thus monitoring acidic intake is key for weight trainers, power lifters, and bodybuilders. Just some food for thought no pun intended.

Comment

Working...
            X