Is preworkout drink necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is preworkout drink necessary?

I don't understand the logic of using pre-workout drink? Is it necessary?
    “For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

I find it beneficial to me I work 8 to 10 hour days then have to hit the gym
    But thats only my opinion

Comment

Depends on what drink you are talking about. A pre-workout drink can be of many different substances and have different effects on our body. Can you be more specific?
      "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

NapsGear.Org - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Im sure if you narrow it down by what you want the drink to help aid with, you may be able to answer your own question. The logic is behind taking a "drink" will entirely depend on what you want to do/achieve.
        "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

Comment

Originally posted by Nature101 View Post
          Im sure if you narrow it down by what you want the drink to help aid with, you may be able to answer your own question. The logic is behind taking a "drink" will entirely depend on what you want to do/achieve.
          Took the words right out of my mouth. I work 9.5-10 hours a day, so i need something to get me going by the time i hit the gym. I also add in things for an extra strong pump. Thats just me though. To answer your question, no its not necessary. Are they Beneficial? I believe so, if you need to use it to give you an edge, then by all means drink up my friend
          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

If you can do without then that's good. But as Alex said... if like us you're tired after having worked hours & hours..a pre work out definitely sounds good to give us a little kick. Hehe. Are they beneficial? Well without a preworkout I wouldn't find the motivation to go to the gym & work out.
            Ain't no use in lookin' down
            Ain't no discharge on the ground
            Ain't no use in lookin' back
            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Well if you get the right kind of pre-workout it will have some bcaa's in it along with creatine.. So yeah to each thier own but i think personally it helps

Comment

It helped me to energize but at the same time while workout i was feeling like vomiting so then i stopped.

Is it necessary to use pre-workout supplements? This is my question.
                “For me, life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Bryanf101 if you have a question, id like to see you start your own thread to where you can ask your own specific questions. We try not to highjack other members threads with personal questions of our own.

Comment

Wow i clearly misread this post, and who the author is. My appoligies hahs i thought u were highjacking Big L post haha. MODERATORS maybe we can remove my post? Lmao too early for me to be posting

Comment

Bryanf101 to answer your pre workout suppliment question. Again, "supplement" is too broad of a term. The only way you can determine if it is neccessary for you is to determine what you would like that supplement to aid with, and plan/consume accordingly.

Comment

Ginger root extract is a dietary "supplement". IMO it is not necccessary pre- workout.

Arginine is a dietary " supplement". IMO it is not needed pre workout- but sure does have its positive effects on vascularity.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanf101 View Post
                          It helped me to energize but at the same time while workout i was feeling like vomiting so then i stopped.

Is it necessary to use pre-workout supplements? This is my question.
                          Like a few of us already stated, no its not necessary. To me theyre kind of counter productive if youre not taking another product just for pump. They all claim to be pump inhibitors but they also are packed with a ton of caffeine which is a vaso constrictor??? How does that make since
                          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Nope, you don't need one.

Is it beneficial? It can be, but I think most are straight up garbage. Alex is right when he says caffeine is a vaso constrictor, so too much can negate a good pump. Arginine is not that great of a vaso dilator either, citruline malate is where it's at. The key to a good pre workout IMO is having citruline as the first ingredient in the pump blend. As Alex also said, most have creatine too.

The caffeine is Probly what makes you sick, so find something that has like 100mg or less, and try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nature101 View Post
                              Wow i clearly misread this post, and who the author is. My appoligies hahs i thought u were highjacking Big L post haha. MODERATORS maybe we can remove my post? Lmao too early for me to be posting
                              No Problem. Sometimes it happens when we try to give answer in quick succession

Comment

Working...
                              X