Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Loss: State of the Art??

Accidentally posted this in News and Announcements - Apologies
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question(s): When I was in the game, variations of ketogenic dieting were the most effective and efficient ways to lose bodyfat. I've been out the training, dieting, and supplementation (legal and otherwise) loop for five years now. Is ketogenic dieting still the way to go? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of of a state of the art dieting/training regimen designed to maximize fat loss while minimizing muscle loss?

Below is some basic background info. I'm happy to provide more, if it's needed to properly answer my question.

After five years away from the gym -- I'm 40 and trained regularly from age 15 - 35 -- I've begun training again. I'm a meso-endomorph who weighed a smooth but well-muscled 240 lbs after training naturally for three years (age 15 - 18). When I ceased training five years ago I weighed an "enhanced" 320 lbs, with a BF% in the 12 - 15 percent range (I'm 6' 4"). I've been back in the gym for a month (no dieting) and currently weigh 285 lbs, with an estimated BF% of 22 - 25. (That's a polite way of saying I carry more muscle than the average guy my height but I'm a fat ass.)

I'll be training naturally for at least for the next 3 - 6 months. For the time being, I'm not worried about gaining muscle mass -- I'm all about burning as much bodyfat as I can, while keeping what muscle I can. Happy to use OTC supplements that might help.

Thanks for your time, attention, and advice.

Sincerely,
    O
    ORPHEUS
    Last edited by ORPHEUS; 01-01-2013, 10:33 AM.
Working...
X