The Best Branch of the Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Branch of the Military

At the risk of starting a heated debate, I just have to share this joke my father sent me today. I myself was a proud, ground pounding bullet stopper, Army '86 - '94. However, my old man was Navy, UDT '58 - '62 and a plank owner of Seal Team 2 '62 - '74. So he never misses a chance to give me shit about it. Hope you enjoy it.

A Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Marine got into an argument about which branch of the service was "The Best." The arguing became so heated the four servicemen failed to see an oncoming truck as they crossed the street.

They were hit by the truck and killed instantly.

Soon, the four servicemen found themselves at the Pearly gates of Heaven. There, they met Saint Peter and decided that only he could be the ultimate source of truth and honesty. So, the four servicemen asked him, "Saint Peter, which branch of the United States Armed Forces is the best?"

Saint Peter replied, "I can't answer that. However, I will ask God what He thinks the next time I see Him. Meanwhile, thank you for your service on Earth and welcome to Heaven."

Sometime later the four servicemen see Saint Peter and remind him of the question they had asked when first entering Heaven and asked him if he was able to ask God for the answer.

Suddenly, a sparkling white dove lands on Saint Peter's shoulder. In the dove's beak is a note glistening with gold dust. Saint Peter opens the note, trumpets blare, gold dust drifts into the air, harps play crescendos and Saint Peter begins to read the note aloud to the four servicemen:

MEMORANDUM FROM THE DESK OF THE ALMIGHTY ONE
    TO: All Former Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines
    SUBJECT: Which Military Service Is the Best

1. All branches of the United States Armed Forces are honorable and noble.

2. Each serves America well and with distinction.

3. Serving in the United States military represents a great honor warranting special respect, tribute, and dedication from your fellow man.

4. Always be proud of that.

Warm regards,

GOD
    United States Navy, (Retired)
    Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

lmao Army Navy game this saturday
    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Growing up I had to cheer for Navy, and I learned to hate the West Point twerps in short order during my time. Since I'll be watching the game at my Dad's house in NE, and he can probably still kick my ass, I guess I'll have to root for Navy again.
      Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Air Force is the way to go..best branch as far as having a future in the civilian world is concerned.
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
          Air Force is the way to go..best branch as far as having a future in the civilian world is concerned.
          That's probably true. Less chance of getting shot as well!

Comment

Yeah... I'm a Marine I'm fucked Lol...

Comment

Lmao, that's awesome. My daughter and son in law are army, but my nieces are navy so we get the same kind of back and forth stuff. :-)

Comment

well now that must be entertaining hehe

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
                  Yeah... I'm a Marine I'm fucked Lol...
                  I'm sorry xamo, I forgot you were a Marine. Next time I'll try to use smaller words.

I just couldn't resist bro. lol I bet I just brought all the Marines on this forum down on me. Let me have it, I can take it!
                  timguinness
                  Last edited by timguinness; 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Haha don't worry I was kidding

Comment

Working...
                    X