Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat before and after work out...

Hi,
    I wanna to start a new discussion on eating. Because many people are confused on that which type of food, quantity of food are eaten before and after eating. Many people thing that eat must before after work out but it is not true. When you eat more it have direct impact on working performance. So Eat little, basically only take juice and eat more healthy after work out.

juice? is this a joke? lol you need a serious & specific meal pre work out, as well as post work out, you don't just take some drink unless it's a pre work out supplement
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

To simplify eating so much is highly misleading...

Was it you or Xela, Xamo that recently put up the article on meal timing and how it effects Amino Acid uptake? It is quite clear that a fasted approach has a negative impact on muscle growth. If your goal is orientated around fat loss, then the fasted approach may give you better results, but even that can be argued effectively... I agree that going into a workout with a 'Full Stomach" is disadvantageous, but to simply put some simple sugar in your belly and head to the gym? I don't know about all that...
      Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

I have to eat a fairly nice size meal before training or I get nausaus. Timing and bio-avaibility of the food is crucial.
        Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BG~ View Post
          I have to eat a fairly nice size meal before training or I get nausaus. Timing and bio-avaibility of the food is crucial.
          Ditto, I like a 400 calorie meal an hour before the gym, followed by the same ASAP after....

Comment

I'm sure every body is different... I work out late morning, just before noon. By that time I've already consumed about 1800 calories, but only highly digestible proteins and slow burning carbs And nothing in the hour just before the workout. Works for me. I just read a post on another board where this guy eats a steak and potatoes before each workout. He's religious about it. Seriously, I'd hurl mid-squat!

Comment

Originally posted by ~BG~ View Post
              Timing and bio-avaibility of the food is crucial.
              not sure I agree.

meal/nutrient timing/frequency is largely irrelevant in terms of body composition.

energy is a different story. I guess that depends on your personal tolerance
              Goals:
              1.5+ x BW Bench
              2.0+ x BW Squat
              2.25+ x BW DL
              Quit Smoking (Chantix)

Comment

Originally posted by dday39 View Post
                not sure I agree.

meal/nutrient timing/frequency is largely irrelevant in terms of body composition.

energy is a different story. I guess that depends on your personal tolerance
                We are talking pre-work out. Also when in eating pre-work you want to eat foods that are highly bio-availble for quick easy digestion and assimilation.
                ~BG~
                Last edited by ~BG~; 06-08-2012, 11:09 PM.
                Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

ïîëüçà

Ñàéò ñóïåð, áóäó ðåêîìåíäîâàòü äðóçüÿì!
                  Procrastination is the thief of time. ~Edward YoungIt is better to be bold than too circumspect, because fortune is of a sex which likes not a tardy wooer and repulses all who are not ardent. ~Machiavelli funny

Comment

Working...
                  X