Which is harder? Ecto or Endo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is harder? Ecto or Endo?

Well I wanted to launch this small debate as I'm kinda interested in everyones opinion on the subject. I put aside Mesomorph because well, I don't think there are any downsides to it. I do know people tend to be two types at once but let's try to focus on the MAIN type.

Personally I'm Endo-meso, though mainly endomorph, used to be obese, worked my ass off to go from 280lbs as a child (yeah) to 190lbs lowest in the Marines. Personally I find the endomorph morphology to be the hardest.

The ups I've found about being Endo are:

1. Extremely easy gain in muscles, both lean and mass.
    2. Extremely good recovery
    3. Easy loss of excess fat if on the appropriate diet
    4. You don't need as much calories in order to bulk.
    5. Bigger and tougher bones, joints etc

the downsides...

1. Extremely easy gain in fat, meaning, a little too much carbs and wow it's already stored as fat. I can honestly say I can, if I eat normal food, gain 15lbs in a week. That's how fucked up being an endo is..
    2. Tendency to depression, laziness, etc...
    3. You MUST obligate yourself NOT TO eat certain food. NEVER EVER. Certain food just contain so many carbs there is no way you can burn it off in a day.
    4. If you want to ever get lean, it's a 24/7 fight, no cheat meals no rest.

IMO, unlike an ectomorph, an endomorph must constantly be careful of what he, she's eating, by fear of gaining that unwanted fat...

what are you guys opinion
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

i'd fall into the ecto catagory. i have a smaller, more narrow frame. before i started lifting, i was, at my lowest weight 125-30. that was in my mid 20's, so it's not like i was a highschool kid, still growing. i have a harder time gaining muscle. i gain very little fat and if i do, i can get rid of it quickly by making small changes to my diet. i dont need to do cardio much but i am doing some to keep me hungry. though i cant gain tons of muscle at once, i dont need a lot of muscle to fill out my small frame and give the illusion of being big. my joints are very small, i have a small waist. these factors make the muscle i have look bigger. due to my limitations, i never shoot for being the biggest guy on stage, however, i can out condition people all day long. if you know about state level contests, you know that conditoning can take you a long way. i'd like to be 280, but it just isnt in the cards for me
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
    X