Recently Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently Diagnosed

Hey everyone, my brother has recently been diagnosed with diabetes and he's lost all motivation to workout since he's unsure on whether he can still use his supplements, incase it will affect his blood sugars to much. Reason why I'm posting here is so I can show him that theres many people that go through the same thing and that he's not alone in this. I want him to get off his butt!! Anyways, my question is whether there are supplements that he should and shouldn't use if so, could anyone point us in the right direction of the best protein supplements available for those with diabetes, if that is the case. Thank you very much, and any motivational statements that I could show him to help him back to where he was would be awsome!!!

pop some insulin and test and he is good to go
    lol
    but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
    Hackleech

Comment

I know plenty of people who are diabetic, some of which are hooked up to a machine all day, who still hit the gym hard. You just need to understand what type he has and what he is able to eat and what quantities. Unfortunately this may take a bit of trial and error so he still needs to be careful when he is learning how his new body is going to react to certain diets. Most people can see great results by just maintaining a proper diet and staying away from all sups. Sups just speed up the process by "supplementing" your diet. As far as test, goes you need to remember that it increases metabolism so he will have to beware of crashes, but it is not the end of the world. He just needs to make some diet changes and also follow his medication instructions without fail.
      Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Comment

Being diabetic isn't the end of the world ,
        Exercise ,eat well , adjust the insulin dose and you're like anyone else
        beware of hypoglycaemic attacks though

Comment

Working...
        X