Charlie Sheen Took Steroids for Major League Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Sheen Took Steroids for Major League Role

Who knew Charlie Sheen was a method actor?

For his role in 1989's Major League, Sheen reveals that he took some extreme measures to play heavy hitter Ricky Vaughn.

"Let's just say that I was enhancing my performance a little bit. It was the only time I ever did steroids," he tells Sports Illustrated. "I did them for like six or eight weeks. You can print this: my fastball went from 79 to like 85."
    Attached Files

I would bet some serious $$ that the ROCK was on TREN during the FAST 5 movie, he was sweating like a hooker in church.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Hey brother,most of Hollywood is juicing.You see these actors transform from one movie to another.Drastic changes that just look like a great body.Then they go back to nothing in later movies so you know they were jacked up for those other movies.

Comment

Sure F.I.S.T, and don't forget photoshop and computer intervention They can do with you whatever they want. Just look on Transformers clip on youtube...

Comment

pretty sure he juiced for hot shots part deux

Comment

Rick Vaughn admits steroid use, to be suspended 50 games

You’re not surprised, right? Charlie Sheen says he did steroids for his role as former California Penal League star Rick Vaughn in the movie Major League, and we are forbidden from being surprised.

First, who knows if he’s telling the truth. Charlie ain’t exactly above creating drama for himself, and it could be an honest mistake — between all the other drugs and the tiger blood and the 6s he calls goddesses, there could be an honest mistake here about what did and didn’t happen more than 20 years ago.

But most of all, we are forbidden to be surprised by this because if there’s ANYthing the last 10 years of being a sports fan has taught us it is the following:

Leagues and owners want our money.

All kinds of people took and take steroids.

Just in baseball, we’re talking about everyone from Rafael Betancourt to Sergio Mitre to Yusaku Iriki being implicated. In the NBA, Don MacLean, Rashard Lewis and Darius Miles are among those to be suspended. We probably don’t even need to get into the NFL.

Hell, even Crafstman Truck driver Ron Hornaday was found to use testosterone for two years. The dirtiest sport in the world is bicycle racing, and those guys don’t exactly looked jacked up.

When steroid use was a bigger part of the daily sports news cycle, and reporters were calling drug experts more regularly, it was an almost predictable line 20 minutes or so into the conversation: if you think it’s bad in sports, it’s much worse in entertainment.

There’s no testing on movie sets or video shoots, of course, and if the goal is to look as good as possible you can at least understand the temptation.

And if Sheen says his fastball jumped 6 mph after using steroids, just imagine what Clu Haywood was on.

Comment

Duh! Winning!
              Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

@ ODB
                LMAO!! i caught that too, Dude was Sweating BULLETS! but he looked yoked, made vin look like a pudgy 5th grader lol

Comment

Working...
                X