Police & aas---cops buying aas with your tax dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police & aas---cops buying aas with your tax dollars

I saw this on another board and thought it was a good read.........

Dear Friend and Fellow Athelete,

We?ve seen cops taking steroids in the past, but this is nothing compared to what the New Jersey police officers were recently caught doing. New Jersey cops are such raging steroid freaks that the government has decided to step in and do something about the problem. And the worst part is that these steroid using police officers is that they are juicing with taxpayers? money!

Hearing about cops juicing is nothing new because every state suffers from the hypocrisy of men in blue using steroids to get bigger. Pro bodybuilders Lou Ferrigno, Sergio Olivia, and of course Ronnie Coleman are presently or have been police officers in the past. I've written about it quite a few times in the following articles on the police's use of steroids.

Steroids Police Officer CopCops on Steroids - Dopers in Uniform

Crooked Cop Blames Steroid Addiction for Cocaine Dealing

New York Police are Juicing Steroids and Getting Away with It

However, hearing about how hundreds of New Jersey police offers are taking steroids with taxpayers? money is shocking!

This story first blew open towards the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 when the Star Ledger newspaper did an investigation into New Jersey police steroid usage. They discovered that a physician by the name of Joseph Colao was issuing fake medical diagnoses so that various New Jersey policemen could get steroids.

Now this part doesn?t bug me so much because I think that everybody should be free to juice for cosmetic purposes as they please. However, I do have a small problem with the fact that the same guys who are arresting bodybuilders for steroid possession on a daily basis are juicing themselves. And I have a much bigger problem knowing that these cops were getting their steroid prescriptions filled through a government health plan.

According to the Star Ledger investigation, the now-deceased Colao was filling steroid and human growth hormone prescriptions for as many as 248 police officers at one time; there were also two firefighters involved in the mix too. And the worst part of all is that the officers were abusing new stipulations in a prescription benefits plan that enabled them to get their steroids for next to nothing.

If the investigation had merely uncovered that New Jersey cops were juicing with their own money, this story might be taking a different turn. Maybe one where internal affairs and police captains would be handling the disciplinary actions. But once the Star Ledger introduced the element that cops were using taxpayer dollars to secure their gear, the seriousness of this situation got even bigger.

New Jersey Attorney General Paula Dow was one of the first government officials to get involved with this matter, and she launched a full investigation into the alleged steroid scheme. Dow said, ?Everything will be on the table. We will be looking at several angles involving the improper use of steroids in law enforcement.?

After issuing her statement, Dow formed a taskforce that included lawyers, deputy attorney generals, and various committee leaders to find out all they could about the case. Following two months of research and meetings, Dow and her team found that there was plenty of abuse that took place with the prescription benefits plan, which was originally designed to provide discounts to government workers.

In the wake of her findings, Dow has worked to restrict the ease of obtaining steroids and human growth hormone through the benefits program. New Jersey doctors and physicians must go through more labors to prescribe steroids and HGH to their patients. Plus there are safeguards on drugs that are typically used by bodybuilders - most specifically Anavar.

In regards to those who actually need these drugs, Dow addressed this specific issue by saying, ?Our objective is not to make it harder for people who have a legitimate need for steroids or growth hormone to receive those medications, but rather to make it far more difficult both for patients without a medical necessity to receive these drugs and for doctors to improperly prescribe them.?

In addition to the safeguards against people being able to get roids through fake medical conditions, New Jersey is going to step up their testing of law enforcement officers, which includes more random anabolic steroid testing. Also, police chiefs have more authority to issue tests if they think that a certain police officer is using steroids. In the past, cops were rarely tested for steroids because police chiefs didn?t have much authority to administer these tests. Even if there was a test requested, many officers got out of the test by threatening to sue, or claiming a violation of constitutional rights.

To be honest, I applaud New Jersey?s efforts to prevent any more hypocritical cops from using steroids with hardworking taxpayer money. On the other hand, I also worry about this story giving steroids yet another black eye since it has a negative connotation for roids.

Good read, I know plenty of cops in NJ that are on or were on juice at some point. The hypocrasy is just out of control, and its scary how cops think they are above the law.
    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

I was on the Job for 10+ years and honestly we never went after steroid users.
      10x out of 10 the dude getting busted was pumping other drugs so once u nail him for 1 u pile em all on.
      Unfortunately the Laws r made by bureaucrats and it falls upon the Police to enforce them - weather they agree or not. what civ's don't understand is that it is a job just like any other. 90% of the cops r good 5% r bad and 15% r just dumb A-holes.

to quote Judge Dread "I am the Law"

(no worries been a hasbeen for 12yrs now.)
      ODB
      Last edited by ODB; 04-16-2011, 11:23 PM.
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

You know guys,I know and have known lots of cops that are/were on and its not that they think they're above the law,but they also know that the AAS law is bullshit,but it's their job.Its the idiot politicians that make the laws that are to blame.The cops have to go after who they're told to go after.

We all know that the stories about AAS use is bullshit and the majority of the medical community agree,but the laws the law so what can they do?

Until the people get together and get the law changed,we're all screwed.

Comment

Working...
        X