Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to be here

Hey everyone,

It's been over a week since I posted and with great reason. On April 2nd, after giving safelifes leg workout a go, I came home and did something I knew I shouldn't have. I popped a roxylean eca. Now, why should I have avoided this? The previous day I had taken one and became tachycardic with shortness of breath-a big no no. I know this because I work in the cardiac cath lab.

So, back to the story. I came home, popped an eca and in 10 minutes was telling the wife to get the kids and head to the hospital. After arriving there, I quickly saw I was having an STEMI of the anterior wall of my heart. Now, that happens, but not too often to a 34 year old with low cholesterol, non smoker, low fat diet healthy male. A piece of plaque dislodged under great pressure and dissected the vessel. I remember going into vt and then vfib. I was hit with the defib paddles 4 times while completely consciousness. I was rushed to the lab, shocked 11 more times and finally intubated. I woke up 4 days later not realizing I was kept under for that long. I was transferred from CCU to cardiac floor where I was watched for a few more days and with the love and prayers of my family, came home 3 days ago.

An endocrinologist visited me and asked if I had taken anything and I told her about the one cycle of test which she wasn't too concerned with, but when I told her about the eca-her faced changed. The eca caused such a strong arrhythmia that my heart was waiting for something bad to happen. I never was in question what was happening to me, but I am grateful to all the care I received, from the very physicians and staff members I work with. Some haven't been able to see me yet because it was too hard to see me in the state I was, but they will. I will meet with my friend and cardiologist soon to be cleared to return to normalcy. I will be ready.

I love my family and I am glad to still be here with them.

wow holy sh*t dude that don't sound good at all! i am glad to here your feeling better now and on your way back to full health hopefully you wont have to go though that ever again! get well soon mate!

Comment

man, that is quite an ordeal. glad you're still here with us today. goes to show, we are all mortal. things can happen to us all. i hope your story is a lesson for others. thanks for sharing.
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

God bless that your here with us today bro. Shiv we want you here a long time, so take care of your self!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiv View Post
          Hey everyone,

It's been over a week since I posted and with great reason. On April 2nd, after giving safelifes leg workout a go, I came home and did something I knew I shouldn't have. I popped a roxylean eca. Now, why should I have avoided this? The previous day I had taken one and became tachycardic with shortness of breath-a big no no. I know this because I work in the cardiac cath lab.

So, back to the story. I came home, popped an eca and in 10 minutes was telling the wife to get the kids and head to the hospital. After arriving there, I quickly saw I was having an STEMI of the anterior wall of my heart. Now, that happens, but not too often to a 34 year old with low cholesterol, non smoker, low fat diet healthy male. A piece of plaque dislodged under great pressure and dissected the vessel. I remember going into vt and then vfib. I was hit with the defib paddles 4 times while completely consciousness. I was rushed to the lab, shocked 11 more times and finally intubated. I woke up 4 days later not realizing I was kept under for that long. I was transferred from CCU to cardiac floor where I was watched for a few more days and with the love and prayers of my family, came home 3 days ago.

An endocrinologist visited me and asked if I had taken anything and I told her about the one cycle of test which she wasn't too concerned with, but when I told her about the eca-her faced changed. The eca caused such a strong arrhythmia that my heart was waiting for something bad to happen. I never was in question what was happening to me, but I am grateful to all the care I received, from the very physicians and staff members I work with. Some haven't been able to see me yet because it was too hard to see me in the state I was, but they will. I will meet with my friend and cardiologist soon to be cleared to return to normalcy. I will be ready.

I love my family and I am glad to still be here with them.
          Bro! Sorry to hear what had happened to you. I'm glad you're ok now and things are doing good for you. Glad your back. Be careful and be safe.
          Love working out at the gym, getting big and cutting body fat! Hard work pays off, but I'll get there even harder!

Comment

WOW !!!!Man thats some crazy shit..... Glad your better and stay safe brotha....

Comment

Thanks for the words guys, I appreciate them. I look forward to getting back in the gym when I am ready although I don't know what realistic goals I now have for what I can do. But, thanks everyone!

Comment

That's really scary man. I've had a few close calls 2yrs ago when I overdosed on opiates and benzos 3 times. When something like that happens its a big wake up call and jus goes to show us how much we cherish r family friends and lives. Like sam said were all mortal but don't realize it until ur on deaths doorstep. Glad ur still with us bro. Take care

Comment

Holy crap man I'm glad your alright....thats nuts its amazing that an over the counter supplement would put your life in danger like that....funny too how when you told the nurse about the Test intake she shrugged it off...I hope your doing better bro get well

Comment

Working...
                  X