Pet Peeves @ the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex View Post
    Disco.. my man.. don't wait 15 mins before you go ask someone to use the weights lol. I don't know if their size is intimidating or you are trying to be nice, but you are paying for that gym space and equipment just as much as they are.

If they are on a machine or bench just go ask "hey man, can I work in with you?" most of the time they don't mind. If they give you lip like "Naw I'm on it" or "I'll be done in a few" uhhhhhh do you have some kinda GOLD card here or something? you gotta get smart back at those people or they will keep doing it. Respond with " Oh ok, well I'm on a schedule here and it won't take me as long as you are just sitting on it".

I want to smack these people off the bench that don't let someone work in with their routine. If you want to sit on a bench and talk all day, go do it in your garage on the phone you jackass. I'm always more than happy to hop off something for a minute to let someone else work out or even give them a spot.

Oh... and I hate people who smell rank while working out too, its like "DAAAYYYMMM SON! Do you not wash your gym clothes or what??!"
    Dont' mess with Texas, HAHAHA. I've basically stopped trying to work in with people and if possible would rather wait unti I can have a machine all to myself. And when I say I wait about 15 minutes before I say something, I usually just go and do another two or three execrises before I go over and say something. I hear you though, sometime when it seems that everyone else in the gym is doing the same bodypart as me I will work in with someone.
    Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Originally posted by sixteentons View Post
      All these reasons is why I get to my gym at 4:30 am. Very few people there at that time. My biggest pet peave is people who try to hold 2 pieces of equiqpment at the same time or people just not cleanin up after themselves. When I leave a bench or power rack its organized and everythings put in its place plates and DB's racked and out the way. I do find though that the older I get - the more stupid people piss me off.
      I was going early in the am too for a while when I was working, but I got laid off mid-February so I can go whenever I want now. I usually go beween 2 and 5, but sometimes I will go back and do some cardio if I have the energy before I go to bed.
      Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

The dude that keeps blowing his nose into his hand and wiping it on his shirt really bugs me... It's flippin gross.

Comment

I hate it when people are doing multiple sets or circuits, and leave their shit laying around, and then take their time getting around. It's F*****G annoying when one person is taking up 3 or more stations and pulsl a ninja-disappear and then comes back and gest pissy when I'm using "their" station.

On the note of smelliness, I have an opposite gripe... There's this middle-aged divorcee type that always comes in all dolled up with makeup, and she wears this GAWD awful gas station perfume. She walked by when I was on my last set of squats (ya know when your eyes are getting all buggy and yer guts get all knotted?) and I almost dropped the bar and puked.

The third one: I got suckered into a membership at a "health-club" in a nicer suburb of Detroit. It's the kind of place where it has everything I don't ever use. This place was like THE social scene. It was as busy Friday and Saturday nights as it was at 6. Everyone had matching everything, and it was all Polo branded or Armani, and people wore jewelry and shit. Weirded me out... O_o And like someone else said, most of the equipment seemed to be used more for furniture than anything else.
          ?Great things are done when men and mountains meet.? -William Blake

Comment

Mmmmmmmm.....wants me sum mmmmbiiiiggggg.......oh yayyyyyyy he's doing bent over rows........happy days again.......lmfao......dude I got this chunky chick that will seriously walk on the tread mill for the whole hour or hour n half and watch me lift. I feel like a defiled snickers bar. I give her credit for trying to better herself but good grief. Plus I think nows she's kinda figured it out that I lift everyday at 1 to 230. So I keep seeing her more n more.
            MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

Originally posted by Nephilim View Post
              Mmmmmmmm.....wants me sum mmmmbiiiiggggg.......oh yayyyyyyy he's doing bent over rows........happy days again.......lmfao......dude I got this chunky chick that will seriously walk on the tread mill for the whole hour or hour n half and watch me lift. I feel like a defiled snickers bar. I give her credit for trying to better herself but good grief. Plus I think nows she's kinda figured it out that I lift everyday at 1 to 230. So I keep seeing her more n more.
              See.....Now i fell like a snickers bar.. BLAHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!

Comment

Lmfao..........yer still mmmmbig in my book brotha.......
                MODERN DAY GUNSLINGER

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
                  I hate it when people are doing multiple sets or circuits, and leave their shit laying around, and then take their time getting around. It's F*****G annoying when one person is taking up 3 or more stations and pulsl a ninja-disappear and then comes back and gest pissy when I'm using "their" station.

On the note of smelliness, I have an opposite gripe... There's this middle-aged divorcee type that always comes in all dolled up with makeup, and she wears this GAWD awful gas station perfume. She walked by when I was on my last set of squats (ya know when your eyes are getting all buggy and yer guts get all knotted?) and I almost dropped the bar and puked.

The third one: I got suckered into a membership at a "health-club" in a nicer suburb of Detroit. It's the kind of place where it has everything I don't ever use. This place was like THE social scene. It was as busy Friday and Saturday nights as it was at 6. Everyone had matching everything, and it was all Polo branded or Armani, and people wore jewelry and shit. Weirded me out... O_o And like someone else said, most of the equipment seemed to be used more for furniture than anything else.
                  heyyy another michigan guy. weird...lol

Comment

Working...
                  X