No announcement yet.

Gym rants !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was pretty funny tbh, I have a warped sense of humour and really had to fight back laughing at him. I give him credit for going to the gym with only 1 good leg though. He must have changed gym as I haven't seen him since, unless he just picks different times to go.

Comment

I also have a warped sense of humor !!!!! I tried not to laugh but couldn't help it!!! I would of asked him if he needed a hand in leaving!!!! lol

Comment

I know some of the new guys have gym rants!!!

Comment

i was watching 3 chaps at my gym (UK) id just finished benching, flat, and set myself a new PB. Im alot bigger and heavier than these lads but they dont like to accept it, and im not even considered that big, well im far from big, especially compared to MBIGs pic!!!!!!!!

but yeah, they hopped onto the bench after id finished, and began there so called 'heavy' set of about 70 kilos, lifted bar off, moved it down 2inches so it was still a good 10-12inch above their chest, and pressed it back up again. did this about 6 times each rep like they were setting a new world record. had to laugh. really find it difficult to not tell them how to train correctly, but hey im there to lift and leave my muscles in serious need of protein and repair - couldnt give a toss if they grow or not

Comment

I joined another gym (schedule+location issues) anyway it is full of people who sit on the fucking machines in between sets for like 10-15 minutes.

don't even get me started on the guys w Good upper bodies + chicken legs - WTF?
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by tprice View Post
              i was watching 3 chaps at my gym (UK) id just finished benching, flat, and set myself a new PB. Im alot bigger and heavier than these lads but they dont like to accept it, and im not even considered that big, well im far from big, especially compared to MBIGs pic!!!!!!!!

but yeah, they hopped onto the bench after id finished, and began there so called 'heavy' set of about 70 kilos, lifted bar off, moved it down 2inches so it was still a good 10-12inch above their chest, and pressed it back up again. did this about 6 times each rep like they were setting a new world record. had to laugh. really find it difficult to not tell them how to train correctly, but hey im there to lift and leave my muscles in serious need of protein and repair - couldnt give a toss if they grow or not
              Thanks buddy!! Guys like that are all over!!

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                I joined another gym (schedule+location issues) anyway it is full of people who sit on the fucking machines in between sets for like 10-15 minutes.

don't even get me started on the guys w Good upper bodies + chicken legs - WTF?
                Can you believe what those guys talk about? Absolutely nothing to do with training!! LOLOLOL

Comment

I believe the term is "wife beater" Chris
                  Originally posted by FLChris View Post
                  I love it dudes out weigh me by 30 to 50 pounds and cant put the weight up that i do with their white beater on flexing in the mirror then they start up a convo on a machine that i wanna use and sit there for 15 minutes untill i cant take it anymore and i come in and say are u done i need to DO SUM WORK BRO !! they catch my drift and say oh one more set or yeah here im done anyway even though he was there for like 20 mins maybe workin 5 out of the 20 i rather there be a fat chick there insted of these pussys..lol

Comment

I have this kid at my gym who is one of those fake gangster accent white dudes, you know the type. I tried to show him all the proper ways to lift and how to break his days apart. Everytime I showed him I found him the next day doing all the stupid stuff you should not be doing with terrible form. He looks like he's going to huet himself. At least he was doing some thing back then, now he comes into the gym in the AM and sits around and tries to talk to people TILL THE LATE PM! He's not even working out! I just want to grab this kid by his throat and bash his head on the dumbbells! I think his dad drops him off there because the kid is a bum (he's 20) seriously he is there everyday all day doing NOTHING!!!!!!
                    Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Comment

these are pretty funny. anyways, i hate when guys do workouts you know should be done at home, jump rope, push up, no weight squats!!!!i switched gyms because so many people lack motivation i would rather be alone with my dad working hard trading sets than dealing with this bullshit. lol this skinny ass guy runs around the entire gym doing high knees and waving his arms up and down with some super limp wrists. i cant help but stare him down every time i see him.

Comment

Some great stories here. I always wonder with these mirror boys how they ever got big in the first place. They dont exactly spend much time on the weights.

I once fell flat on my face infront of everyone. I was doin seated squats and really pushing myself. Pushed myself to exhaustion. Stood up took a few steps to walk away then my legs just gave way and couldnt support my weight and i fell in a heap on the floor. Felt a bit stupid i can tell you. One other time about 10 yrs ago when i was a lightweight i had a similar experience doing bench press/tricep work. Pushed my tri's so hard that when i left the gym i tried to push the swinging door open, my tri's gave way and i headbutted the door. Again looking like a total moron.

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post
                          Some great stories here. I always wonder with these mirror boys how they ever got big in the first place. They dont exactly spend much time on the weights.

I once fell flat on my face infront of everyone. I was doin seated squats and really pushing myself. Pushed myself to exhaustion. Stood up took a few steps to walk away then my legs just gave way and couldnt support my weight and i fell in a heap on the floor. Felt a bit stupid i can tell you. One other time about 10 yrs ago when i was a lightweight i had a similar experience doing bench press/tricep work. Pushed my tri's so hard that when i left the gym i tried to push the swinging door open, my tri's gave way and i headbutted the door. Again looking like a total moron.
                          LOL! I've been there brother!
                          Never mistake kindness for weakness...

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post

I think we all been there!!

Comment

OK I got one. There's this one guy at my gym I swear all he ever does are bi's.... He loves walking over to the rack, grabbing 25's and blast out a set to failure until the pump hits then it's a walk around the gym to see what chicks are there. Really dude??? common go home... Every time I see him i go inthe opposite direction i don't wanna hear about your "Hook ups"....

Comment

just thought that was funny

The Glossary Of Terms
                                1. In The Zone: Tired and incoherent during a workout. Commonly described out of the gym as "spaced out."

2. Extended Warm-Up: 20 minutes at low tension on the stationary bike then 20 minutes of casual stretching thena shower.

3. Just One
                                More Rep: Said to a spotter during a set. Really means: "Lift the weight for me."

4. Forced Reps: For the reluctant exerciser, every single rep of a workout is a forced rep. This is especially true when they have a mean trainer.

5. Hack Squat: The position a cat gets into when he's coughing up a hairball, commonly mistaken as a leg exercise.

6. Can I Work In With You?: Translation: "Can I remove all your weights and sweat all over your bench?"

7. Drop Sets: What sometimes happens after doing a hard set of dumbell bench presses. A triple drop set occurs when you drop two dumbells and yourself to the floor.

8. Bulking Up: Name for the phase during which an otherwise healthy trainer will try to get bigger and fatter on purpose.

9. I'm Maxing Out!: Translation: "I was going for 6 reps but I put too much weight on the bar and only got 1."

10. Cool-Down: Sit on a bench and drink from a water bottle while talking about how much more you'll lift nexttime.

11. Olympic Bar: Athlete's nightclub.

12. E-Z Bar: "How dare you! I'm not that type of bar."

13. Squat Rack: The lonliest piece of equipment in the gym.

14. It's All You!: Said by spotter during the last few reps of a set. Translatation: "It's mostly me."

15. Pro-Hormones: Hormones that have lost their amateur status.

16. Meal Replacement Supplement: Cold pizza and warm beer.

17. Clean And Press: Surprisingly enough, it's a shoulder exercise, not laundry instructions. A variation of it is even known as the Hang Clean and Press.

18. High Intensity Interval Training: Occurs when there are two or more flights of stairs leading up to the gym.

19. Skullcrushers: An exercise where you make like you're going to bash your own head in with a barbell, a.k.a. lying tricep extensions.

20. Hold It At
                                The Top: Said by a personal trainer when he or she wants to punish the client for missing a session.
                                Ain't no use in lookin' down
                                Ain't no discharge on the ground
                                Ain't no use in lookin' back
                                'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                                Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                                'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Working...
                                X