• Show
Clear All

• Calories for clean bulking

My info..

41 years old
    5'10
    216lbs
    Approx 16% body fat

Just wondering what you guys think would be the optimum caloric daily intake for clean bulking for a guy with my stats. Note-for the record I've always been a guy with a naturally slower metabolism.
    Thanks!

google search - "bodybuilding calorie calculator" - u will find plenty - some will even breakdown macros.

Maintenance for u aprx 2780 Calories Per Day to 3134 Calories Per Day (depending on how active u r) - so to Bulk u would add at least 500+ cals per day.-(Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) Formula + Harris Benedict Formula).

(The only factor it omits is lean body mass and thus the ratio of muscle-to-fat a body has. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (will underestimate calorie needs) and the very overweight (will over-estimate calorie needs).

M2C;
    - Speed up that slow metabolism with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) cardio.

I would recommend getting closer to 10%BF B4 doing a clean bulk - 1 good month of 2-3, 15-20min sessions of HIIT cardio per week should do it.
    During ur clean bulk add the HIIT cardio (1-2,15-20min sessions) if u start gaining fat or to stimulate ur appetite.

I do the Bike = for 40 seconds I pedal slow/relaxed then for 20 seconds I pedal as fast+hard as I can, then repeat 15-20mins -(u will be huffing+puffing+sweating by minute 3-5).
    ODB
    Last edited by ODB; 11-21-2013, 12:17 PM.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

That's great info ODB - thanks...

Comment

Working...
      X