Diet help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet help

Currently bulking but trying to do it clean as I can I've gained a bit of fat that I'm trying to get rid of, my diet is 3600 calories 300g carbs 350 protein and 110 grams of fat. Should I drop the carbs down to 250 and up the fat?
    One decision determines your legacy

No one on here can provide a straight awnser. We have no clue how your body processes and at what rate it does. The only think you can do is to play around with your macros. Take little steps, say 200 Kals per 1 to 2 weeks. Its going to take a whilemto get yourself dailed in to know what you need to do and when.
    Airborne. Air Assault. Pathfinder.

Follow Me.

Comment

I agree with Airborne. It's going to be tough to analyze your situation because your response to diet will be unique. If I was in your shoes I would probably stop the
      bulk and focus on cutting to the BF% you desire. I used to compete in bodybuilding and know all to well how tough dieting can be. It truly is a science.

I realized a long time ago that you are either bulking or cutting....not both. Obviously cutting while gaining is the holy grail of what we are trying to do but it just doesn't work that way. I have found that the only way to succeed is to pick one and work hard at doing it right. Then move on to the flip side and do the same.

And yes, 300g of carbs is pretty high if you have a fat problem already. I usually cut my carbs way back when trying to lean out.

Herc
      If you can't do it right, Don't do it!

Comment

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't care about getting soft while bulking. I'd rather over-eat by a little and know that I'm producing the best gains possible rather than waste a cycle because my intake wasn't optimal.

Like Herc said either bulk or cut.

Comment

Same for me on the bulk issue. I put on some belly fat on my bulk cycle but no big deal. Last pin was 2 weeks ago. Start PCT tomorrow. I am doing a 8 weeks training program that is Tabata Style. Shreds fat!! I put on 15lbs on my cycle and looks like I will keep it all!! Are you doing cardio? If not then start it will keep some of that fat off!
          Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigs251 View Post
            Currently bulking but trying to do it clean as I can I've gained a bit of fat that I'm trying to get rid of, my diet is 3600 calories 300g carbs 350 protein and 110 grams of fat. Should I drop the carbs down to 250 and up the fat?
            I agree with AIRBORNE. Also, you havent given us any stats. You calories vary directly with your weight, goals, and LBM
            "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Curb your sweet tooth

By Leslie Barrie

Got a late-night sugar craving that just won't quit? "To satisfy your sweet tooth without pushing yourself over the calorie edge, even in the late night hours, think 'fruit first, for more help take myhealth and fitness thanks
              amita8
              Last edited by amita8; 09-03-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                I realized a long time ago that you are either bulking or cutting....not both.
                Herc is on the money there.. We all like to keep the abs looking sharp but even I have learned that for 3 months out of the year
                we need to stop and EAT and stop looking in the mirror at the belly. I'm about to kick in a major bulk. Already started eating for it.
                The AAS wont start for another 2 weeks at least. As the old saying go's WANT BIG?? EAT BIG!

Just got to keep it as clean as possible.
                Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

I agree with everyone above Big251 - I would just say that when I'm bulking + I feel a little "fat" I add some cardio - HIIT style.
                  "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Working...
                  X