Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much food can be prepared in advance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much food can be prepared in advance?

Hello everyone,
    Staying on track with 8 meals, workout, cooking, 12hr or work 7 days a week, family life, house chores is handfull and i am sure you guys would agree. Here is what i need help:

I want to know how much chicken/ground beef/tilapia can be cooked and stored in fridge. chicken/ground beef/tilapia/steak last 5 days??

Also if anyone of you are being creative about cooking plz share your ideas.

Cheers

You didnt mention ground turkey or turkey burgers no bun lol

Comment

lol yee, the only reason i didn't mention ground turkey is jst cuz i buy from deli and they put an expire day on it, so that one i know how long before its garbage lol. No bun no breads for me bro lol

Comment

Good deal your on top of your food. This is what I do. I take my chicken and grill it and then portion it up into baggies and freeze it. Same
        with my steak. Grill and freeze it till I need it. Ground beef I make into burgers and freeze them too. I understand kids and crazy hours.
        But I let nothing get in the way of my meal times. Get some Italian dressing and let the chicken breast soak in it for 2 days.. OMG its good.
        Check out all the marinades at your local grocery store. Just watch your salt/sodium content. Rice can be made fast and easy if
        you go to the freezer section of your grocery store and look to see if they have "Minute Steamers" Whole grain brown rice. Made in 4 minutes.
        Get you some TeXes Pete and throw it on top. Baked potatoes can be cooked and sit for up to 3 days. Slice it and put it in the pan. Good with egg
        whites and a good boost for calorie count. OK I leave space for any one else to post. Good luck and keep us posted.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

thanks for the feedback TB, so lets says i do the same with chicken, ground beef and steak, so how long before you can eat it from frozen? Might be a silly question but i have never done that and i don't wanna mess up my meal timing cuz my meal was frozen lol

Rice, sweet potato i have no prob with cuz i can make em fresh in the morning as they don't require alot of babysitting but meat stress me out lol
          I will def keep you guys posted!!

Comment

Once cooked its good to go. You dont have a microwave you can throw it in for say a minute ? If I make my self a meal like rice and chicken I can eat the chicken
            in about 2 hours time. It should thaw by then. I do that when I travel. Get your self a thermo bag or lunch box to carry your foods to. Again once its cooked
            its got a good standing life as long as its not exsposed to heat all afternoon.

Comment

MrsBig and I cook food for the week, and throw it in the Refrigerator, use as needed.
              The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
              Chat Box Talk And Rules
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
              No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

I like to stock up for 2 weeks at a time. Its quick and easy as far as the chicken steaks and burgers. Turkey too. Bag and tag it all.
                No sooner I start to run low I go and set up for the next batch. I think I might make a good chilli this week.

Comment

Very good idea. I am gonna try the same, cook for two weeks at a time measure it and pack it I appreciate everyone's feedback on it, it was really stressing me out. You guys are the best

Comment

Working...
                  X