Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low body temperature/high body fat?

Hello!
    I know there's some really smart people here, so I'm looking for a little feedback on something I've been thinking about.
    I've always had a weight problem, I gain fat incredible fast and easy and burning it off is hard as hell. I gain strength and size quite easy too.
    I watch my diet, I train hard with the weights, I do cardio and I've tested, switch, experimented with different plans and ways and the fat is still there. When I take gear it slowly goes away.
    So the thing I've been thinking of is this, I have very low body temp, about 96, could this be a sign of slow metabolism? That would explain some things. Especially when you take in account that since I turned 30 I've put on even more weight, that an some other things got me thinking about low T.
    Now, do you think I'm out in the blue with my thoughts, or could I be closing in on the ripped key?
    Thanks
    Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

I am not sure their is a direct link, like could u burn more fat just by raising ur body temp?

But their is a correlation, when I am leaning out (or on T3) my temp is 99.6 (normal 98.6) - not to mention all the sayings like "stoking the furnace", "burning calories" etc.

of course ur metabolism slows down as u age (wait till u hit 40 shrek)
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Did a little research and low body temp has a corr rel with low metabolism, and vice versa. Now the thing I'd that I have always had low body temp, always had a hard time burning fat. If you see the work I put down and the calories I take in, you would think I'd loose weight fast, but came down a little then stop. I just don't know what to do.
      I could try seeing a doc, but, this is Sweden and I'm a bald guy with muscles and a goatee so they don't exactly throw pills at me or I get som T3 and see what happens

Comment

I have the same issue.. But never really thought about my low body temp being an issue

Comment

Originally posted by Scott1979 View Post
          I have the same issue.. But never really thought about my low body temp being an issue
          Think the low temp is just a sign that you might have low metabolism. Maybe I'm way of but I've been thinking and reading about this a lot and it might just explain a thing or two. Would be interesting to see if more people with low body temp has the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by Shrek View Post
            Did a little research and low body temp has a corr rel with low metabolism, and vice versa. Now the thing I'd that I have always had low body temp, always had a hard time burning fat. If you see the work I put down and the calories I take in, you would think I'd loose weight fast, but came down a little then stop. I just don't know what to do.
            I could try seeing a doc, but, this is Sweden and I'm a bald guy with muscles and a goatee so they don't exactly throw pills at me or I get som T3 and see what happens
            B4 u goto T3 - try this (in full-disclosure - I have not looked @ ur training or diet) -eating more, clean food + adding more cardio - high intensity cardio for 10-15mins - 3 or more XWK.

I drink a post-workout drink during my workout (I'm crazy like that ? ) then immediately after I drink a protein shake then do the high intensity cardio.

ur body is a smart machine so if ur working out hard + not eating enough it will store as much as it can as fat +or slow down ur metabolism to survive/not starve.
            "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

ODB; thx for the tip, but have tried that combo too without results. I've tried low kcal high card, high kcal low card, low low high high and nothing seem too work

Comment

Originally posted by Shrek View Post
                ODB; thx for the tip, but have tried that combo too without results. I've tried low kcal high card, high kcal low card, low low high high and nothing seem too work
                I believe u did Brother - u do seem dedicated - just give it time, it takes about 3 months or more to make changes to metabolism (without drugs).

If u go the T3 route I have had success with a few quick 3 weeks cycles, increasing the dose slowly up then slowly down.
                "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                  I believe u did Brother - u do seem dedicated - just give it time, it takes about 3 months or more to make changes to metabolism (without drugs).

If u go the T3 route I have had success with a few quick 3 weeks cycles, increasing the dose slowly up then slowly down.
                  That's just what I've been thinking about, a mild short cycle to see how I feel and what happens. That's the way I always go when I try something new. Specially when it comes to something like T3 that can really screw you up if you over do it

Comment

Working...
                  X