Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the gym for a week, what do i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the gym for a week, what do i do?

i wont be able to go to the gym for a week maybe a week and a half. and i'm worried i will lose muscle . I was on a cutting diet, but i was think about going more towards calorie maintenance and heavy on the protein side for the week. Any other ideas or input? or maybe a week wont actually cause me to lose muscle

What's the reason for not going if u dont mind me asking? Im only curious to know if theres something u could do while u cant go to the gym (pushups, dips, etc). If its because of an injury or surgery i can understand why, but if u can, try to do something athletic when u can

I missed a week due to injury a few months ago and man, let me tell u, i felt it bad. Not so much as a loss of muscle, but the muscle condition went to shit. When i got back into it, i could barely do 8 reps on the bench without my triceps giving out on me. Another thing, i always felt tight as long as i stay in the gym. Missing that week made me feel like a fat ass cause everything wasnt tight. It was just not very comfortable for me to miss the gym
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

It doesn't matter why he can't.. anyway.. just eat like you usually would and you'll be fine plus nobody prevents you from doing plyometric push-ups and bodyweight exercises. They're as good and can be done anywhere.

A week shouldn't affect you if you eat right and enough... plus, many people take a week off from time to time... a full recovery is sometimes needed.
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

i have to take a week off because of some pledging stuff, but your right i can do puch ups and pull up and sit ups, i was just worried i would lose muscle

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
          It doesn't matter why he can't.. anyway.. just eat like you usually would and you'll be fine plus nobody prevents you from doing plyometric push-ups and bodyweight exercises. They're as good and can be done anywhere.

A week shouldn't affect you if you eat right and enough... plus, many people take a week off from time to time... a full recovery is sometimes needed.
          So if he was having surgery, it still wouldnt matter why he cant go to the gym?

I now hes not but the point i was trying to make was that if hes having surgery or in a situation that he shouldnt be doing physical activities, then he shouldnt do anything like i stated in the first post i made
          ALEX.18
          Last edited by ALEX.18; 04-08-2013, 02:33 AM.
          "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Missing a week, no big deal. It might even do you some good. Sometimes it's good to miss a little time and give the muscles a small break. You may even come back stronger. Lose muscle from it, no way. I train a lot for strength and I always come in stronger when I take a small break. I don't know at what intensity you train, but if its high intensity you have to take breaks at least once in a while. Nothing wrong with some push ups or whatever if that makes you feel better.
            sigpic

Comment

Thats what I was thinking.. A week off is good for ya. You will be fine.
              Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliuch View Post
                Missing a week, no big deal. It might even do you some good. Sometimes it's good to miss a little time and give the muscles a small break. You may even come back stronger. Lose muscle from it, no way. I train a lot for strength and I always come in stronger when I take a small break. I don't know at what intensity you train, but if its high intensity you have to take breaks at least once in a while. Nothing wrong with some push ups or whatever if that makes you feel better.
                I agree with u 100%. My week off wasnt just because though. I was out with a pulled muscle in my lower back. I hardly got out of bed for 3 days besides to shower and use the bathroom so i think my last experience with taking a week off was a little more extreme than just needing a break from the gym. But yea, a week off will be a good thing in the long run as long as your not vegging out like i was

Comment

Working...
                X