No announcement yet.

Any difference in Whey Protein brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any difference in Whey Protein brands?

Whats everyones thoughts on Whey Protein brands? Ive always used the walmart protein. Should I buy better stuff?

Im sure someone will disagree with me but im a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". When it comes to things i put in my body, i dont skimp out at all. I would go for something better bro. Cant go wrong with top brands IMO. Optimum, dymatize, muscle pharm, muscle tech, etc. i just switched over from ON to dymatize and i rather dymatize. Best ive ever tried
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

I think the real difference that more expensive whey protein could make for someone is the difference of concentrate or isolate. My understanding is that isolate is more highly filtered, therefore is a purer protein source. Isolate is probably a good choice for someone who is lactose intolerant as the extra filtration filters more out than would a concentrate. But if that isn't a problem for you, I think concentrate would be fine.

Comment

I've always been a huge fan of optimum nutritions whey. I've been told their whey isolate is one of the best proteins out
        One decision determines your legacy

Comment

I'm a protein snob. You definitely get what you pay for and the easiest way to check what your buying is based on the label. A lot of proteins use concentrate as their main source which is a slower digesting protein, two hours or more before absorption. This is a poor choice for post workout, you want an isolate. Other brands slip in soy protein too because it's cheap. Some are loaded with sugars and fats too.

Nutrishop Pro 7 is the best I've seen. 32 g whey with no sugars or fat, and is a blend with mostly isolate, and doesn't have any type of soy in it. Optimum nutrition 100% whey is great, and the ON 100% isolate is one of the best out there.

Comment

Cmode, what do you think about dymatize iso 100?
            "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

yeah that's the difference the sugars, fillers, carbs, whether it is from or contains eggprotein, milkprotein, cassein, whey or soy + whether it is an Isolate or concentrate + which type of isolate - Undenatured cross flow microfiltered blah blah blah or microfiltered....

I have tried alot (due to protein gas) I currently like Intek Evolution (Isolate) no carbs, no sugars, no fat.

But also remember a protein powder is diff than a weight gain pwdr
              "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
                yeah that's the difference the sugars, fillers, carbs, whether it is from or contains eggprotein, milkprotein, cassein, whey or soy + whether it is an Isolate or concentrate + which type of isolate - Undenatured cross flow microfiltered blah blah blah or microfiltered....

I have tried alot (due to protein gas) I currently like Intek Evolution (Isolate) no carbs, no sugars, no fat.

But also remember a protein powder is diff than a weight gain pwdr
                This ^^^^ is the absolute best response on this thread right now. I wish there were rep points or something to give here. There is so much more to protein than the industry lets us know. A lot of those cheap proteins are damn near worthless because they are denatured.

I actually wrote a pretty in depth article about this a week ago at my blog. Check it out at my blog Are You Wasting Money On Cheap Whey Protein?. It should explain everything in a very easy to understand way.

Comment

Working...
                X