Protein requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein requirements

Hey guys, I'm trying to add lean muscle and I read where many say that you need 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. I'm 37 years old, 6-4, 215, body fat is around 12%. Doing the math even at 200 lbs @ 1.5 grams of protein is 300 grams a day. That seems like an awful lot of protein. I'm eating lean meat and drinking 3 to 4 protein shakes a day @ 50 grams per shake. No matter which type or brand of protein I take, it's giving me lots of terrible gas.
    I'm not sure if this 1.5 to 2 gram stuff is broscience or if there is actual true research supporting this. What do you guys think?
    http://www.napsgear.org/index.php?re..._banner_id=188

Ive always gone by 1.5 for bulking and 1 for cutting.

How many times a day are you eating? If youre eating 7 times a day, you shouldnt have a problem getting it in. 200 x 1.5 =300. 300 / 7 = 43. If you eat 7 meals a day containing 43g protein each, you should reach that. I know it sounds like alot, but try being 250lbs! I eat 8 x a day with 50g protein in each meal, and only one of those meals is a shake.
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Five meals a day is what I've been doing. Not eating because I'm hungry, I'm eating because it's time. LOL
      http://www.napsgear.org/index.php?re..._banner_id=188

Comment

well if youre doing it right, you should never be hungry, except maybe at breakfast
        "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

Working...
        X