High protein and low calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High protein and low calories

Whats up bros! I recently had a surgery about 2 months ago and have been out the gym, still i tried to eat as clean as i could, lol. For the most part i did, but the time off helped me aquire a little bit of back fat, which now i"m on a mission to exterminate! The last i checked my bf% was 7% and now i"m guessing i"m between 10 and 13%, rough estimate. I realize now, that me keeping my carbs at the same amount without working out could cause a slight gain in weight, stupid right. Well now i"m here trying to figure out the best solution to cutting the fat. I just read a book called The new High Intensity Training by Ellington Darden, and the book says to eat 1,500 hundred calories a day to loose up to 10 pounds in 2 weeks. Well, i"m having a problem with taking in that amount and getting the full 220 grams of protein needed daily. I"m 204 pounds and my goal is to get my bf% pretty low before i try to gain some more lean mass. Today for example i racked in a woofing 248grms of protein, and 2,257 calories! I know i fkd up today, but ill just take it as a learning experience. The problem is getting sufficient carbs and protein and keeping calories low enough to loose weight.
    Just looking for some advice to adjust my diet, Thanks!!

Stats: training 7 years off and on
    consistent for the past 2yrs
    full body workout 3 days a week
    cardio times a week (H.I.I.T)
    6 to 7 meals daily, 40grms of protein,
    35 to 40grms of carbs per meal.
    20 to 25 grams of healthy fats daily.

I recently spoke to one of Jay Cutlers people he suggested that a Highcarb/Lowcarb/Medcarb rotation works well - (google it).

IMO - if u deplete ur cals too long (more than 1 week) u lose muscle mass.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Yeah, your probably right about losing muscle mass with depleting my cals for too long,my body reacts very well to carb rich diet. Im just trying to lose some fat before i try to gain some more lean mass. How about BCAAs in replace of a protein shake here and there to cut down on some of the calories. Im really concerned about losing fat and keeping my muscle.Thanks for the info ODB.

Comment

Never worked for me, I cut my cals down to 1600 once... it was extremely hard to work out with intensity
        Ain't no use in lookin' down
        Ain't no discharge on the ground
        Ain't no use in lookin' back
        'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
        Ain't no use in feelin' blue
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

So, what worked for you? I agree that it can be difficult to get an intense workout on a calorie deficient diet, I can attest to that, i been draggin ass all week in the gym lol.
          Im going to look into replacing some of my protein shakes with BCAAs to minimize calorie intake, im going to do a lil research first and c what i come up with.

Comment

Well it did work in my attempt to lower my BF% but then I knew that would happen. I didn't care about the muscle loss since I knew I'd gain it back later on by slowly increasing my intake and reaching my perfect requirements if I can put it that way... IMO BCAAs and glutamine may help prevent muscle loss on an empty stomach or low cal but it's short term...
            Ain't no use in lookin' down
            Ain't no discharge on the ground
            Ain't no use in lookin' back
            'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
            Ain't no use in feelin' blue
            'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I found out that 1000mgs of amino acids is equivalent to 1mg of protein. That's a lot of servings of amino"s compared to the amount of protein you need to complete a meal.
              I have some BCAAs that are 8000mgs per serving, so that means i would have to take 5 servings to get the necessary amount. I'll stick with the protein! I will continue to drink my BCAAs during my workouts tho, gives me a little boost when im pushing the iron! I wonder if there's a super BCAA available, you know.... like 25,000mgs per serving, you would probably die! Well i dont know about that, but there must be a reason why they manufacture these products with certain milligrams per serving. Im assuming its to make more$$$$$
              Cockdeisel
              Last edited by Cockdeisel; 11-04-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X