Looking for some dieting advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some dieting advice

Well I'm waiting for my first cycle to get here in the mail, and I'm trying to find out what kind of diet I should be looking for while on my cycle?
    6'2"
    190lbs
    12-15% BF

Currently I work 2 weeks on one week off and while I'm at work for those 2 weeks I work hard everyday, and while home for the week just mainly rest and cardio but will be hitting the gym hard once I start the cycle! My diet now isn't terrible but I lapse sometimes, I eat lots of turkey burger, extra lean angus steak burger, chicken breasts, and lots of brown rice and whole grain pasta and high fiber tortillas, egg whites and whole eggs also lots of protein and oats and whey. Should I stay away from breads and such just kinda curious what is good dieting tips?

My size goals, I'd like to be 200-210 and around 10%BF

I think the best advice would be for you to do it and figure it out yourself while trying things... everyone reacts differently to everything, especially to diets.. what one may tell you might not give you what you're looking for... if you get relatively good results from what you're getting now, perhaps try to play around with these and up your daily intake and see how your body takes it ?
    xamo
    Last edited by xamo; 07-13-2012, 02:04 AM.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Thanks xamo solid advice! Was kinda what I wasthinking from reading everyone elses diet tips on here!

Comment

I guess really what I was after was more towards of a person sholud be carb loading ?

Comment

Hmm... I'll let someone else answer this cause personally my body can't take it... the carb loading I mean

Comment

In general, IMO, the lower the glycemic index/load, the better. Unless you are running a marathon, carb loading is generally not a great idea. You've got a great start with whole grains, and lots of high quality, diverse protein sources. Steer clear of white breads, processed grains, meats or anything processed for that matter.
            Here is a good start for you:
            http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm
            Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Thanks for the tips!!! I will be reading into that! I've got a few weeks before my gear gets here so I'm going to get a jump start on the diet!

Comment

good idea. its always better to get your diet dialed in before you go on cycle. it not only allows you to gain better but allows you to really understand what works best for your body. imo carb loading is pointless in body building
                "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

When you say you eat lots of turkey burger, chicken, eggwhite, etc.. Break it down better for us, so we can get a better idea of your diet. How many times a day are you eating? At your body weight, you dont need anymore then 50-55g protein per meal.. Bread is my weakness, if your gonna eat bread, eat ezekiel bread while dieting. Its simply the best, especially for carbs...14g/slice

Comment

Typical day for me when I'm eating good..

Breakfast:
                    Bowl of granola with 1c of soy milk
                    1 banana
                    Lunch:
                    1 turkey burger
                    Bowl of whole grain pasta 1tbs E.V. Olive oil sprinkled with cheese
                    Maybe some granola bars or fruit as snacks
                    Dinner:
                    2 turkey burger or lean angus burger
                    Gluiten free tortilla with hummus
                    Low fat yogurt smoothy protein shake

I also try to mix in some chicken breast or lean red meat! But like you my weakness is bread I love bread and will seriously miss it!

Comment

Looks like the foods you are eating are fine.. I'd probably add another meal in there somewhere though if you are trying to gain weight. I'd be a little careful of the granola as a lot of them are high in sugars. I'd probably switch out my bowl of granola in the morning to oatmeal. I would add 2 protien shakes in there, one towards the morning, and one for after you work out. This isn't gospel, just my suggestions as to what works for me. Each persons body will metabolize things differently, so it's a bit of trial and error. Greek yogarts are great also, as well as keeping some 100 calorie packs of plain almonds for snacks through out the day.

Comment

i put in a nice order with bodybuilding.com for a bunch of protein and will be trying to do around 4 shakes a day with some snacks in between

Comment

well, you also need to not get all of your protein from supplements. I do a 2-1 ratio with 2 grams from chicken, fish or beef and 1 gram from a protien supplement.

Comment

this i did not know! Thanks for the tip

Comment

Best tip either way is... reach your macros.. doesn't matter how you do it, just do it. I don't have time to cook so 80% of my protein intake comes from shakes and I'm pretty satisfied with the results... really depends on you and what you like...

Comment

Working...
                              X