Diet help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet help

Hey guys, I've been pretty strict on my diet so far, eating egg white (sometimes with grits) in the mornings and sticking with Chicken and Rice and some kind of Pasta throughout the day. I usually get one "cheat meal", something kinda small about an hour before I hit the gym. Usually a McChicken or two lol just so I don't go in there on an empty stomach. But, here lately I'm just really starting to get burned out on all the chicken. I really don't know many ways to prepare it other than baking it and throwing a little bbq sauce on it. I'm having trouble sticking with it, what all do you guys like to eat? I can't cook fish to save my life and I really don't have anyone to teach me how to cook things haha so i'm kinda just doing trial and error until I can tolerate the taste of anything I make lol. Any advice on some other good foods I can throw in my diet?

I'm 6' 190lbs ~10% bf. about to start week 6 of test cyp 500/wk and dbol 40mg/day

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by EthanWS6 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been pretty strict on my diet so far, eating egg white (sometimes with grits) in the mornings and sticking with Chicken and Rice and some kind of Pasta throughout the day. I usually get one "cheat meal", something kinda small about an hour before I hit the gym. Usually a McChicken or two lol just so I don't go in there on an empty stomach. But, here lately I'm just really starting to get burned out on all the chicken. I really don't know many ways to prepare it other than baking it and throwing a little bbq sauce on it. I'm having trouble sticking with it, what all do you guys like to eat? I can't cook fish to save my life and I really don't have anyone to teach me how to cook things haha so i'm kinda just doing trial and error until I can tolerate the taste of anything I make lol. Any advice on some other good foods I can throw in my diet?

I'm 6' 190lbs ~10% bf. about to start week 6 of test cyp 500/wk and dbol 40mg/day

Thanks guys!

Diet is the hardest part of bbing and can definitely leave you feeling like quitting.Even more so if you have never cooked before.

I have plenty of very easy to prepare recipes posted up here brother.Check them out and give em a shot.Very healthy and easy to make so I know you'll find them useful.

Comment

awesome man! I've been looking around for some ways to spice up my diet haha. I've been slacking the past few days and I just want to get myself back on track before I get used to eating dirty again :P

Comment

i have been struggling with my diet for years..... i feel like i look good in a ginnie t (wife beater lol) but just can get my mid section where i want it......
        this is on average my diet on average mon-friday

6am - orange and a pre workout drink (superpump, dark rage, ravage......) i try to mix it up so i dont get bored
        8am - PurePro 50 50mg protein 210 cals (always when i lift - i like that first 50 mgs in the morning)
        10am - Oatmeal with honey and cinnamon - made with water OR 4egg whites with spinach
        12-1pm - turkey on whole wheat 1 slice of chees OR tuna... no or very little mayo, OR grilled chicken breast with a leafy green - and if im not really hungry a salad oil/red vinegar (no sugary dressing)
        3pm - protein shake or meal replacement bar (now this is where my diet starts to hurt me - i work in NYC and live in NJ so i eat a late dinner
        7pm - dinner usually consits os a lean meat and a leafy vegatable or small portion of pasta - i have tried to cut out ALL bleached breads, rices, and pastas... - the "bad carbs"

so i ran this diet for 6weeks while i ran 30-40mgs of Dbol..... I got REALLY stronge and lost 8lbs (not in my belly :-( ????) then i started the cysle i am currently on
        abombs 50mg per day
        test e 600mg per 5days
        EQ 500 per 5days

and i still maintan that diet so now i have gained back 4lbs in 2weeks and still have not seen any lose of belly fat and that is a little discouraging

anything ANY of you think i should eat or not eat please feel free to share
        http://juicedmuscle.com/signaturepics/sippic1218_5.gif

www.NapsGear.net/?ref=945

Comment

What do you guys think about baked beans? I recently found out that I like them haha. Good? bad? Thanks!

Comment

Diet must be according to body structure and help in achieving body fitness. In diet all the foods are simple and free from fat, cholesterol and protein. In my diet i use mostly fresh fruits, raw & boiled vegetables, nuts and dry fruits. these help me to control my daily calories that im consumed. I deny fish, meal, beef and use only for once in a week. .

Comment

Try chicken like this dice up your warmed up chicken breast, top with a small handful of motzarella cheese. Than grab a can of mixed veggies cold drop on top. Then top it with balsamic vineger. Thank me later I have gone 11 weeks eating this at least once a day and I am not sick of it.

Comment

Here is what I do. Friday night is my cheat meal as much pizza as I want. Otherwise.
                Breakfast 1/3 up oatmeal with vanilla light yogurt mixed in topped with blueberries, 3 raw eggs. Some kind of protein bar.
                Then my chicken stuff I posted + handful of almonds or some peanut butter
                preworkout chicken thing + handful of almonds or peanut butter.
                Dinner I will do chicken 3 times a week, pizza once, or if the family is making something , Ill have some spagetti, burritos, or breakfast burrito the other 3 nights.
                Then I do not eat after 7pm which is 2 hours before I hit the sack.

I believe in moderation. If I am sick of my oatmeal Ill have some honey bunches of oats. I will have a couple spoonfuls of Ice cream(low fat and light) at lunch and dinner. I also drink almost a 2 liter of diet root beer a day. I just keep dropping body fat and I believe the keys are my diet is low in carbs, I eat enough healthy fats(many people dont) and most importantly I eat far more at breakfast and less and less as the day goes. Sometime I will just have a chicken breast after the gym.

Anyhow good luck, it has really taken me over 9 years to find out what works for my dna and be able to stick with it. The big obstacle was I was addicted to eating in my sleep.

Comment

You're relying on online tools too much. Those can be far off... that guy and I went to UF together, he's now in the NFL. His BMR at the time was 3000 calories a day... he was burning alone 4500 calories a day from practices, that at NCAA A1 level, now for the time he was practicing, the online tool told him to eat a surplus of 1000 calories. Which was FARRRRR OFF. Those tools are there to give a general idea, for average folks. That doesn't take into consideration bodybuildiers or anyone with a relatively intensive work out schedule.

My 2 cents.
                  Ain't no use in lookin' down
                  Ain't no discharge on the ground
                  Ain't no use in lookin' back
                  'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                  Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                  'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
                    You're relying on online tools too much. Those can be far off... that guy and I went to UF together, he's now in the NFL. His BMR at the time was 3000 calories a day... he was burning alone 4500 calories a day from practices, that at NCAA A1 level, now for the time he was practicing, the online tool told him to eat a surplus of 1000 calories. Which was FARRRRR OFF. Those tools are there to give a general idea, for average folks. That doesn't take into consideration bodybuildiers or anyone with a relatively intensive work out schedule.

My 2 cents.
                    BMR only accounts for what a person would need if they were sleeping all day. TDEE is what you would need to maintain your weight based on activity level. If he was burning 4500 cals a day from practice, then he didn't input the proper activity level.

I agree, however, that those tools are only a starting point.
                    Goals:
                    1.5+ x BW Bench
                    2.0+ x BW Squat
                    2.25+ x BW DL
                    Quit Smoking (Chantix)

Comment

... bot?...
                      Ain't no use in lookin' down
                      Ain't no discharge on the ground
                      Ain't no use in lookin' back
                      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

You need more protein by the sounds of it, there are other things beside chicken, try some meat, steaks, cut down on the carbs as well.
                        juicyfruit
                        Last edited by juicyfruit; 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X