pounding chicken breast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pounding chicken breast

so heres the thing. i eat a lot of chicken and it wasnt until last week that i discovered the beauty of using a mallet to pound out my chicken breasts. they so much faster and more evenly. i went out and purchased a beautiful kitchenaid mallet for about $10-$12. for whatever reason, i'm a collector of high quality kitchen utensils, cutlery, ect, so i was really excited to get this.

so alright, for anyone else who has been living under a rock like me, heres what i'm finding to work well.

first i use the kitchen sheers. (these are my cheap sheers lol). i trim any fat/skin that remains around the edges.

next, i apply seasoning. i then use the bumpy side of the mallet to pound out the dense areas in the chicken breast and pound the seasoning into the chicken. i switch to the smooth side of the mallet and continue to pound the breast until it is even.

finally, i grill them up!!! done in around 10 minutes and ready to eat! yummmmm
    Attached Files
    sam1976
    Last edited by sam1976; 04-01-2012, 01:40 AM.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

competing with Fist and his recipes huh? hahah nice tips man!

Comment

i would never dream to compete with FIST! haha. i am honestly totally amazed by this mallet though. i feel like i invented the wheel haha. i can see its going to take my meat prep to a whole new level
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

yeah Sam, I use the poultry sheers myself...never tried the mallet on chicken though..may try that...wife thinks I'm crazy for triming what little fat there is on chicken breast, but the shits kinda gross to me so I micro trim it...lol
        test

Comment

Sam...wheres the KC materpiece...??? like Ronny C. says.."gots ta hab ma KC masta peace..." lol lol...
          test

Comment

Working...
          X