Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protein Supplements – Are You Absorbing Them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Supplements – Are You Absorbing Them?

interesting article http://www.precisionnutrition.com/rr-whey-too-much
    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

good read, been a topic of discussion on here a few times taking in 30g vs 50g protein but we never looked at transit times just absorption.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
      good read, been a topic of discussion on here a few times taking in 30g vs 50g protein but we never looked at transit times just absorption.
      seems to be helped by just adding some oats or im looking into how yogurt could help with the digestion...seems the thicker the shake the better

Comment

after looking around it seems like adding some yogurt to your whey can help with the digestion in a few ways http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/fam...op-health-food

Comment

okay so ds, from this analysis couldnt you argue that starting to drink you protein shake before and during you workout could make sure you have protein available right when your done. and this was strictly over whey protein right? with my t3 cycle coming up i came up with a food plan for 1910 calories and 260 grams of protein.

Comment

basically what they are saying is a thin/liquid protein shake/drink goes through your system faster than it can be digested..so you wanna add stuff to it to help slow the digestion and make sure you can absorb all the protein

Comment

Disturbing news, so what enzymes are available ? I add yogurt to all my shakes. anything to boost digestion of the protein would be in my cupboard

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                Disturbing news, so what enzymes are available ? I add yogurt to all my shakes. anything to boost digestion of the protein would be in my cupboard
                if you are adding yogurt you are g2g....if not you can buy digestive enzymes..but yogurt seems to be easiest

Comment

Working...
                X