X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplements

supplements are they needed?

If you want to take some premade proteine shakes yes you can i.m.o
    But all those pills and powders sold by supplement companies, a plain waste, I used to work for a supplement company remember? They just want your money..believe me..

I got a pm about and I think it is wise to discuss it here..

]
    Originally posted by RonnyT
    Bro,

Personally I don't take supplements and i concidder it a waste of money. From the early days of bodybuilding, bodybuilders tried to live the healthy way of bodybuilding with the right foods, esp lots of milk eggs meat and lots of veggies..best regards...ronny..

hello ronny
    my nutrionist said me is impossible a bodybuilder get all nutrients only with the meals.don't you recomend nothing??[/QUOTE]

Yes , I believe that you can eat healthy and enough without supplements, but like I said when you are on a very strict diet to prepare for a show, then maybe you could ad vitamins and minerals. But I'm really convinced its just a rip off. The European comission now demands scientific proof for all health claims made for supplements and more then 80% is turned down.

Like Weider once paid for a research that had to prove you need extra proteines when you want to add muscle, he used that to sell his proteine powder, but you can just as easy eat poultry - eggs or milk..

I believe a lot of companies don't have what they claim they do in their products. Crazy to think you could be wasting your money on supplements when you could be buying gear huh? lolol I keep it simple, I try to eat most of my protein, it's hard but better safe than sorry!! Good post Ronny!!

Comment

I agree Ronny, however to actually get all these benefits from real food only is so damn expensive. I couldn't afford it. That's why 50% of my daily intake is composed of supplements & meal replacements. I only trust a few companies though.

Everyone is different, supplements have helped me in ways real food couldn't because I simply couldn't afford it. Steak, chicken, tuna... all these get so expensive. Especially when you're trying to stick to a relatively "good" and "healthy" diet. Also depending on your body type and needs. You have to consider those odds.

As for safety.. just be picky, good brands - no problems. My buds at Optimum Nutrition never had any issues. That's why I trust their products. I know they wouldn't lie to me.

As for the European Comission... No offense but I've worked around them, as well as the European Parliament... It's all politics. They really don't care about those supplements and probably didn't even really do the researches. It's like most FDA's in Europe. Truth is they NEVER actually do "test" the supplements. They see a mix of compounds - they ban the substance. Not because it is illegal but because they simply were too lazy to actually research that specific chemical chain...
      xamo
      Last edited by xamo; 01-13-2012, 03:40 AM.
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Originally posted by mbig245 View Post
        I believe a lot of companies don't have what they claim they do in their products. Crazy to think you could be wasting your money on supplements when you could be buying gear huh? lolol I keep it simple, I try to eat most of my protein, it's hard but better safe than sorry!! Good post Ronny!!
        so true, unfortunately they take advantage of people. i always use a multi vitamin and use other ones depending on my needs. but i try to stay clear of crap like hmb, which you can buy the 3 compounds in it separately and save a ton of cash
        Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

I heard that. If I were to eat all the fish, lean meats and fresh veggies I know I should, it'd cost me $20 ED. Which supplements do you recommend? Specifically in the area of meal replacements. I'm kind of an old man, and I've been ignoring new research on that subject for many years. Some first hand knowledge would be great. Thanks man.
          Employ your time improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for. -Socrates

Comment

Working...
          X