Protein Oat Krispie Treats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Oat Krispie Treats

Someone asked me how I come up with all these ideas. Do you want to know? I ask my friends and family what they enjoy eating the most; what they get ridiculously excited seeing approaching on a plate; what they, growing up, remember savoring every bite of; what makes them MMMM the most. I love hearing people's responses because suddenly their eyes light up as they describe to you something that, to them, straddles the edges of the surreal. Monsieur Denoeud came up with this one. He described - with zeal - his love for something resembling what to me sounded like homemade Rice Krispie Treats while giving me a hah-I-dare-you-to-try-this-quintessentially-butter-and-sugar-laden-treat. See, I like dares >:-) and this dare seemed perfect. So, I walked myself over to the local health food shop with the idea of purchasing a box of toasted oat bran but I walked out with a box of puffed oats instead. I remembered that, to make Rice Krispie Treats, one needs marmallows so I opened the cupboard, grabbed a bag of marshmallow and took... one out. I 'melted' this with some coconut oil while looking at it mesmerized as it dissolved (it looks rather strange). Then, I mixed this liquid goo in a big bowl with the oats and the protein pow. I noticed straight away that the proportion was off - not enough 'liquid' so I went ahead and added a tiny bit of milk and a tiny bit of sugar free maple syrup (honey would have done fine but I wanted to keep this on the lower cal side of the spectrum). That was basically it. I put it on a pan and pressed it down into shape before sticking it in the... freezer. Could have stuck it in the fridge I reckon? I took it out of the freezer, cut it into three and proceeded to munch my way through two of them while my thoughts were hijacked by the endless repetition of HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients
    2 tbsp of coconut oil
    1 marshmallow
    1 cup of puffed oats (or toasted oatbran or rice)
    2 scoops of vanilla whey
    3ish tbsps of coconut milk (approximately; you basically add enough so the mixture starts to glue itself together. You do NOT want to add too much and turn the whole thing into a soggy mess so add the milk one tbsp at a time)
    2 tbsp of sugar free maple (or honey or 'real' maple syrup).

Directions
    Melt the coconut oil + the marshmallow and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Press the mixture down into a baking mold forming a square and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes or in the fridge for an hour... or something like that <:-D Take it out. Cut it into however many bars or squares you want. EAT IT -> GO NUTS. [Speaking of nuts, adding nuts to the mix would have been fantastic. I'm thinking peanuts or almonds? Also, dried coconut!? Oh yeah; even dried fruit, if one is into upping the carb content and into dried fruit in general, it would work (I'm not big on most dried fruit - I especially loathe raisins - but hey, whatever gives you pleasure)].

Macros per one out of three: 170kcals, 15g protein, 12g carbos (3.7g sugars), 8g fat (5.7g sat) and 0.8g fiber. NOTE -> Keep them in the fridge until you eat them; I have yet to figure out how they can ungoo if kept at room temp :-)
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

good invention bro

Comment

not mine lol *just in case* hehe
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back