Chocolate Covered Protein Popeye Mini Cakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Covered Protein Popeye Mini Cakes

This was "kind of" a complete experiment that began with the realization that I had steamed way too much spinach for lunch yesterday. Because I find spinach, like beans, to be an excellent food to hide in food (it adds a punch of fiber and all the spinach goodness without leaving a trace of vegienness behind), I took it out this morning along with some chocolate and boom ;-)

Ingredients - blended together and baked (without the chocolate):

1/2 cup of cooked spinach
    1/2 cup of egg whites
    1 banana
    1/2 cup of chocolate hemp protein pow (try chocolate casein if you have no hemp?)
    1/4 cup of hulled hemp seeds
    2 tbsp of cocoa
    2 tsbp of coconut flour
    2 squares of 90% dark chocolate

I baked this at 180 C (356 F) for 20-25 minutes in my rectangular muffin-type silicone tray (this) and it yielded four. I let them cool before adding 2 squares of 90% and dividing it between the four of them. Then, I just stuck them in the freezer for 20 minutes. Voila :-)))) I quite enjoyed slicing them and eating them like that, one by one, enjoying every bite of the silky and smooth chocolate filling along with the crunch of the chocolate cover. Delicious. Absolutely. Pure and absolute chocolateness, ahh. I actually think that these would be great mixed into some protein ice cream. It would yield a chunky-type protein ice cream with hits of cakey chocolate!

Macros per one whole rectangular unsliced brownie out of four: 147kcals, 14g protein, 9.5g carbos (3.5g sugars), 6g fat (0.7g sat), and 6g fiber.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X