Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Whey Protein Muffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Road Chocolate Chip Whey Protein Muffins

I am flying out to Athens tomorrow morning and this is my airplane snack #1. It's exciting because I'm inaugurating a new protein powder! That's right, ON's Rocky Road! Don't you love trying new flavors? It's like unwrapping a gift box without knowing what's inside :-) This one is actually a very interesting powder, taste wise. It first hits you with a kind of milky chocolate and then BAAAAM: marzipanness galore! As soon as I tasted it, I thought a) ice cream and b) muffins and, well, since I can't really airplane-pack any ice cream, muffins it was.

Ingredients - all blended together and baked at 150 C (302 F) for 30-35 minutes:

1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
    1/2 fresh apple
    1/2 cup of Total 0% Greek yogurt
    1/4 cup of vanilla whey
    1/4 cup of rocky road whey
    3/4 cup of liquid egg whites
    1/2 tsbp of coconut flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp of cocoa
    1/8 cup of wheatbran
    1/4 cup of cocoa nibs (added after blending)

Now, the end result was crazy because they ended up kind of like cheesecake muffins! As you can tell by looking at the ingredients, I went all out to offset the whey (i.e. to not make it dry up the muffins) by using pumpkin and yogurt like a maniac. Result: huge success! They pop right out when you flip the paper (unlike some muffins that, you know, stick to the side of the paper molds (I HATE that because I always try to eat it and end up eating paper, argh)) and they're sooo soft and yumful :-D You could sub it with regular chocolate whey if you don't have rocky road, you can turn them all vanilla by just using vanilla (and, I'd suggest, cinnamon and orange peel) or, well, you can use whatever you have to make them however you want :-)

Macros: will add then in a bit. Putting the finishing touches on the e-book so I can upload it tonight.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X