The George Foreman Protein Pancake Bread Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The George Foreman Protein Pancake Bread Thing

I've actually been wanting to try this for a while - cooking a protein batter on a George Foreman Grill. I was always intrigued by the idea and thought it could, in theory, work given that it's 'kind of' like a waffle maker but... without being a waffle maker ;-) My grandma here in Athens has one so it wasn't long before I whipped out the powders and, much to her horror, poured the batter straight onto her darling τοστιερα. Because she uses it mostly for making 'tosts' (aka toasted sandwiches), it's pretty nonstick still so I didn't use anything to further nonstick it. Looking back on this, I think I should have though because it did kind of stick a bit (I had to use a spatula to unstick the bottom). Bueno, let me give you the recipe. Do please bear in mind that, because my grandma doesn't use any spoons, cups, or anything, I'll be measuring my recipes in 'scoops' the rest of the time I'm here :-)

Ingredients - all blended together and 'Georged':

Half a 170g pot of Total 2% Natural Greek yogurt
    3 egg whites
    1 scoop of vanilla whey
    1 scoop of fresh pomegranate seeds
    1 scoop of pea protein
    1 scoop of almonds

The result was really exciting :-D I do think I was a bit off with my proportions in that I used too much protein and not enough protein absorbing materials like oats? a banana? This made it turn out a bit rubbery and is the reason why I stuffed it with anthotyro (one of the world's greatest cheeses, in my humble opinion) + walnuts. It was a great combo and even my grandma said it tasted nice (whoa!!!) She did however, add that the texture was off :-( Oh well, I'm going to keep playing around with George Foreman + protein! I have high hopes :-))
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

where you finding all these bro!

Comment

Working...
    X