X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat To Make The Gains You Desire

Eat To Make The Gains You Desire
    Posted by HybridPhysiques

So, as the weather gets nicer, everyone's determination to get that ideal “beach bod” increases. The Instagram accounts of many become filled with nothing but gym pics because they are about that FitLife and are 100% Determined and Dedicated. The majority of the population will continue their normal weightlifting routine and then supplement with hours of cardio a week.

The fact of the matter is though, beach bods are created in the kitchen. To get that perfect physique, you need to shed the unwanted fat and that is only going to be achieved through a proper diet.

I have seen so many people get misguided in the nutrition department, when in reality, its very simple. If you want to lost weight, you need to have a caloric deficit, and if you want to gain weight, you need to have a caloric surplus.

I’m going to break down how to create a base meal plan. Throughout the weeks, you will have to monitor the changes in your body and adjust the plan accordingly.

CALORIES

This is where you’ll start when creating your plan. Establish your goals! Are you looking to pack on some muscle? If so, you’re going to want an increase in calories, more specifically, take in more calories than you burn off through the day (caloric surplus). Are you looking to get shredded to the bone?? Well then you’re going to want to take in less calories than you burn a day (caloric deficit).

Since it is Summer time, I’m going to assume that most are going to want to get ripped.

I’m going to use one of my clients, we’ll name her Gertrude, as an example. She’s been following a meal plan from someone who didn’t help her out much so she came to me. When I asked her about how many calories she was taking in a day, she said that she was around 1,500 calories. This is where I decided to start her at.

MACROS

This is where the fun starts! So I prefer to follow a 40/40/20 set up. This means that 40% of my calories will come from protein sources, 40% will come from carbohydrates, and 20% will come from fats.

This breaks down to 600 calories a day being protein sources, 600 from carb sources, and 300 from fat sources.

Since Gertrude only wanted to eat 5 meals a day, this then turns to 120 calories per meal being from protein, 120 from carbs, and 60 from fats.

NOTE: SOME FOODS WILL HELP FULFILL BOTH PROTEINS AND FATS. IF I WANT TO PUT GROUND BEEF IN A MEAL, I WILL FILL 180 CALORIES WITH THAT.

Here is what one of her meals look like:

4oz chicken breast (grilled or baked) 124 calories, 26g of protein

1/2 cup of cooked rice (I prefer jasmine rice) 102 calories, 28g of carbohydrates

2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil 80 calories, 9g of fat

1 cup green vegetables Not too important (just dont go crazy, 2 cups per meal max)

As you can see, each one isn’t exactly on the 120/120/60 target. That is nothing to worry about. It can vary a little bit, the extra 20 calories in the fat is made up for by the 18 calories we were short in the rice.

Gertrude weighs 120lbs so I like to make sure she’s getting a certain amount of macros regardless of calories. Proteins for instance, she’s getting about 125g per day. So if I go over the target calories range by a tiny bit, as you can see in this sample meal, I’m not too worried about it.

FOODS

AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE I HAVE INCLUDED SOME FOODS FOR EACH CATEGORY THAT WILL SHOW YOU CALORIES, PROTEIN, CARBOHYDRATES, AND FATS.

ADJUSTMENTS

You’re going to want to stay extremely strict for the first couple weeks until you get the diet dialled in. If you’re losing under a pound a week, cut your carbohydrates slightly. If you’re losing over 1.5-2 pounds a week, increase your carbs slightly.

Also, if you hit a sticking point where you plateau, that is when you can also increase your cardio a bit to help burn that unwanted fat.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Now many people worry that they’re going to lose muscle while running a diet like this. I'm not going to sugar coat it, you WILL lose muscle with a diet like this, and you will lose muscle running any diet to get shredded. It’s just the way it is and there's no way around it, unless you plan on running some PEDs. It’s nothing to worry about though, that is how the cycle goes and is the exact reason we all get fluffy during the winter. To put on as much muscle as we can so we can be a little bit bigger when we shred back down the following competing season or just summer in general.

So now that you have this info, it will be a breeze to set up a meal plan. As stated before, I have included a food list to help you get started, and also so you can see how you can fit some of your favorite foods into your diet and also get physique you want. Enjoy!

If this article helped you and you'd like to learn more ways to maximize your results, SIGN-UP for the Platinum Membership today!

Food List

Proteins

Whole egg Calories: 72 P: 6 C: 0 F:5

Egg whites Calories: 33 (25g) P: 5 C: 0g F:0

Chicken (1 oz) Calories: 31 P: 6.5 C: 0 F: 0

93% lean ground beef (1 oz) Calories: 40 P: 6 C: 0 F: 2

Carbohydrates

Martins Whole wheat potato bread (1 slice) Cal: 70 P: 6 C: 14 F: 1

Quakers old fashioned oats (1/4 cup) Cal: 75 P: 2.5 C: 13 F: 1.5

Rice(Brown or white 1/4 cup cooked) Cal: 51 P: 1 C: 12 F: 0

Banana (med) Cal: 110 P:1.6 C: 28 F: 0

Strawberries (1 cup) Cal: 50 P:1 C: 12 F: 0.5