Where is failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is failure?

Posing this question to the guys that train to failure. The question of my thread is just that. What do you consider momentary muscular failure to be?

Some exercises are easy to know, most pushing movements, for example, but let's talk about a pulling movement like seated rows.

I consider any rep that I can touch my stomach with the handle a complete rep. When I can no longer touch my torso, I don't stop, I continue to do a few partials, but I don't count them as "completed" reps.

How do the rest of you judge this?

For me i keep dropping the weight until i can basically not do anymore reps...

Comment

same here stallion - when I can no longer complete a full good rep.
      I don't stop, I too do partials, but for me that is failure.
      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Same here. Drop sets till I cant lift or pull any more.
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ODB View Post
          same here stallion - when I can no longer complete a full good rep.
          I don't stop, I too do partials, but for me that is failure.
          Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Since I've been doing dc training, I'm meticulously documenting my reps so that I can see if I'm making any progress workout to workout.

So I may attempt 19 reps per an exercise, but only 14 of them may be complete reps. The other 5 only travel 3/4 way to 1/2 way. I don't count those.

Comment

nice post. For me, when i can no longer maintain the correct form i drop weight by 5lbs-or2.5lbs and keep doing it until i can't do another set anymore.

Comment

It depends, sometimes I just smash those fuckers til the weight won't move anymore, but to train to failure for me is when the form goes bye bye and the cheats, forced or partialls starts
              Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

Working...
              X